Another Series with the Blue Jays

Sanfran327

Four games in three days, starting with a double header today with games at 3:05 and 6:35.

Here are the pitching matchups:

Eflin v Rodriguez
Povich v Francis
Burnes v Bassitt
Rodriguez v Kikuchi

We are going to have to slug our way out of the DH today I think, particularly in the late game with two weak SPs. Hoping for an effective start from Eflin, then getting our licks in against Francis. 

Can't afford to do worse than a split here, but I'd love to take advantage of a downtrodden Toronto squad and take 3 games.

Odds better than 50/50 that KiKuchi is traded before his scheduled start.

Jays team also subtracted Jansen and Yimi Garcia in recent deals.  Coupled with Bichette injury, the Jays are a weaker squad than earlier this season. 

It'd be mildly helpful today if Dombrowski closes his Chad Green pursuit.

If Elias feels he needs a veteran in his clubhouse who knows how to win, there are ways I can see George Springer making sense.

TOR might prefer to recycle the salary slot for Anthony Santander in 2025.

51 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

Four games in three days, starting with a double header today with games at 3:05 and 6:35.

Here are the pitching matchups:

Eflin v Rodriguez
Povich v Francis
Burnes v Bassitt
Rodriguez v Kikuchi

We are going to have to slug our way out of the DH today I think, particularly in the late game with two weak SPs. Hoping for an effective start from Eflin, then getting our licks in against Francis. 

Can't afford to do worse than a split here, but I'd love to take advantage of a downtrodden Toronto squad and take 3 games.

Unless the Blue Jays are not done selling their players .  Either to 28 other teams or to us . 

Vlad either drove in or scored 7 of the Blue Jays 13 runs today.   Vlad is about the only active MLB quality hitter the BJs have.  Not sure I can count Springer in that category, but the O's kept pitching to him and pitching to him.  :bangwall:

18 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Vlad either drove in or scored 7 of the Blue Jays 13 runs today.   Vlad is about the only active MLB quality hitter the BJs have.  Not sure I can count Springer in that category, but the O's kept pitching to him and pitching to him.  :bangwall:

7 hits, 3 doubles, 2 HRs for Vlad today. 😬

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Who would ever think to pitch around the one great hitter on the Blue Jays who has a 1.514 OPS since the all star break coming into today's double header. 🤦‍♂️

Certainly not our genius manager who let us throw one pitch to him even the one time we DID intentionally walk him.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

Certainly not our genius manager who let us throw one pitch to him even the one time we DID intentionally walk him.  

And remember he hit a pitch way up and outside onto Eutaw Street.

You can't pitch around a Guerrero.  Just don't.