Zach Eflin 2024

Sanfran327

IIRC on broadcast it was mentioned about greater use of cutter.  Per fangraphs, we’ve seen about 5% greater mix each of cutter and changeup, 3% higher mix trade of 4 seam v 2 seam, and 5% lower each of breaking balls slider and curveball compared to time on 2024 TBR.

image.thumb.png.6fbad07e4c889061ef4090abbffe5495.png

A couple other interesting tidbits from scanning his page.  (1) His curveball was a plus pitch last year with TBR but rates as worst pitch this year. (2) in terms of stuff+, Eflin is well below average in terms of stuff+ but well above average in terms of location+

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

I wonder if Irvin stays in rotation and Povich goes down.  Irvin would have to be DFA if not and he has given us chance to win in both starts which is all you can ask for from 5th starter imo.  

I would definitely do this. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

I wonder if Irvin stays in rotation and Povich goes down.  Irvin would have to be DFA if not and he has given us chance to win in both starts which is all you can ask for from 5th starter imo.  

I agree, Povich has to be the one to be optioned and I would be shocked if that doesn't happen.  

Wouldn't it be wild if our playoff big three turned out to be Eflin, Suarez and Kremer?  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

I'll join the choir but this is what I would do as well.

2 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

I agree, Povich has to be the one to be optioned and I would be shocked if that doesn't happen.  

Wouldn't it be wild if our playoff big three turned out to be Eflin, Suarez and Kremer?  

Burnes as the shut down closer.

9 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

none has to go down, September roster expansion.