07/29 - vs Toronto - Game 2 of DH

nevadaO

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

Cowser was probably tall enough to catch that if he could have gotten there in time.

But I think 110 mph+ is more than 28-29 feet/second. 

I agree, he just couldn’t get back there fast enough. 

Dammit, Urias. 

Just now, Just Regular said:

Cowser was probably tall enough to catch that if he could have gotten there in time.

But I think 110 mph+ is more than 28-29 feet/second. 

We need Jordan Westburg out there in CF.   According to the Ben McDonald School of Advanced Metrics, Westburg was going 100 MPH when he scored last inning.

• Haha 1

Just don’t get why Irvin was still in there to pitch to Vlad at all.

Cano has pitched 3 times in the last two weeks. Kimbrel has pitched twice in the last 9 days. What are you saving them for? It’s a 2 run game and the BJs bullpen is pretty awful. It’s an eminently winnable game. And we’re just trying to ride it out on Cole Irvin to buy another day of rest for the two guys in the pen who don’t need it. 

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I hope you’re right. Looking straight Wieters lately. 

Wieters was good enough at throwing out runners that we adopted the slogan, "Never run on Wieters." Adley throws out 19% of stealing runners this year, which is not good (even by 2022 Adley standards), and all of his catching stats are regressed from 2022-2023.

If he can't hit either, that's just another example of the team going down the tubes. It's like they were conditioned for an 81 game season.

Just now, e16bball said:

Just don’t get why Irvin was still in there to pitch to Vlad at all.

Cano has pitched 3 times in the last two weeks. Kimbrel has pitched twice in the last 9 days. What are you saving them for? It’s a 2 run game and the BJs bullpen is pretty awful. It’s an eminently winnable game. And we’re just trying to ride it out on Cole Irvin to buy another day of rest for the two guys in the pen who don’t need it. 

Since we're talking bullpen usage, I can't fathom why Akin didn't pitch the last three innings of Game 1.