07/29 - vs Toronto - Game 2 of DH

nevadaO

1 minute ago, CynBeth said:

Why did we have to throw to him. There was better chance of the next guy hitting into a DP.

He got him down 0-2.  You have to make a better pitch than that.  

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad part is he gets ahead and just has nothing to put guys away with. He still throws too many uncompetitive pitches. He's just not close to being ready and it really makes me wonder about our pitching development. 

We already know Elias and crew can't draft pitching, but now you have to wonder if they can identify young pitching that can be developed. Sure, he hit on Bradish. We'll give him Cano. How many other pitchers did they acquire over the years? Where are they? 

22 minutes ago, Malike said:

I think that would be awesome. He could be made fun of. 

Guerrero said that his favorite city to play in outside of Canada was New York, but that’s only because he loves “[crushing] 'Los Yanquistas' (Yankees fans) and the Yankees.” When asked if he’d ever play for the Yankees at that time, Guerrero replied, “No, not even dead.”

“It’s a personal thing. It goes back with my family,” Guerrero said through a club interpreter. “That’s my decision, and I will never change that.”

Wow.  Him & Griffey back in the day.  Imagine there are quite a few others. 

1 minute ago, CynBeth said:

So assuming we have lost would we be even with the Yankees or do they go ahead? 

Why would you assume they've lost a game down by 2 in the 4th inning?

Edited by Malike

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I think the Orioles may need another backup SS. Clearly Westburg is not the answer there even in a backup role. He looks like he's never been on shortstop his entre life. Can't field, catch catch, and catch throw accurately is no way to go through life as a shortstop.

Yep.  No backup in the system.