Jimenez, Rogers and Slater activated, Soto recalled. Kjerstad and Akin optioned, Pache DFA'd, Westburg to IL

MurphDogg

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

So if no one wanted to pay it what does that tell you. I could understand if Skubal and Crochet had been dealt.  Can you honestly say you’d be happy seeing 2 of Holliday, Basallo, and Mayo be dealt? 

2?  No.  One plus others?  Yes.

3 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

2?  No.  One plus others?  Yes.

So … based on the prices I doubt that was on the table. Besides with all of the other problems we are having I doubt it moves the need much. Burnes and Crochet/Skubal can’t pitch everyday and go 7+.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

So … based on the prices I doubt that was on the table. Besides with all of the other problems we are having I doubt it moves the need much. Burnes and Crochet/Skubal can’t pitch everyday and go 7+.

Yeah like I said maybe this off season things will hopefully be a little more reasonable.

2 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Yeah like I said maybe this off season things will hopefully be a little more reasonable.

Sure and I can understand your disappointment. The problem with the logic is that those guys weren’t dealt to anyone. So it’s fair to say they weren’t available or the price was so absurd that it was basically the same thing. I think we gave way too much for Rogers. He’s a chump IMO. So Im guessing the ask for the top guys probably were 2 if not all of the top 3 plus.

Edited by Roll Tide

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Sure and I can understand your disappointment. The problem with the logic is that those guys weren’t dealt to anyone. So it’s fair to say they weren’t available or the price was so absurd that it was basically the same thing. I think we have way too much for Rogers. He’s a chump IMO. So Im guessing the ask for the top guys probably were 2 if not all of the top 3 plus.

Yeah , he should be looking at guys that got traded and the price. I brought this guy up yesterday (the Jazz guy from Miami0, and got accused that the only reason I brought him up was his Fast start with NYY. 2 big reasons I like him here ,he slots in for Mullins next 2 years, 3 years younger than Ced, costs less,can play CF, LF, RF and 2nd base( hell the NYY think he can play third) Reason 2 , the Yankees paid spit for him

30 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Yeah , he should be looking at guys that got traded and the price. I brought this guy up yesterday (the Jazz guy from Miami0, and got accused that the only reason I brought him up was his Fast start with NYY. 2 big reasons I like him here ,he slots in for Mullins next 2 years, 3 years younger than Ced, costs less,can play CF, LF, RF and 2nd base( hell the NYY think he can play third) Reason 2 , the Yankees paid spit for him

Yeah …. I agree. He played very well against us. I susythe reason we didn’t go after him was he’s LH. Considering we needed a CF it might’ve been a good idea.

17 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I hate guys w/ elite arms who have the best fastball in baseball.  Give me guys like Irvin who are team players and want to win every day.  #TeamIrvin

Not to mention elite demands Guess you forgot about that.

1 minute ago, Safelykept said:

Not to mention elite demands Guess you forgot about that.

Yeah you could probably sign Irvin for 5 years/$30 million.  Just think, we could have a rotation full of Irvins for what it would cost to pay Crochet. 

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Yeah you could probably sign Irvin for 5 years/$30 million.  Just think, we could have a rotation full of Irvins for what it would cost to pay Crochet. 

why would you do that? My bad I think I misunderstood your post.

19 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait for the Eloy Jimenez Experience.

2 for 3 with an RBI….Also Slater is 3 for 4 so far. So some of Elias acquisitions are contributing in a positive way.