I want to say this about Coby Mayo (All Inclusive)

I'm glad he's getting his chance.  I wish that the circumstances were better because this seems like a desperation move. They really need to get Adley and Gunnar going in addition to what Santander has been doing. 

Mayo and Cowser have been 2 of hardest hitters I've seen come through the Shorebirds.

Hooray, hooray, hooray!     Various reactions:

@Roy Firestone, feel better sir!    I'm glad to get to share this place and the joy of Orioles baseball.    There was a time I might have said to family or friends that Joan Jett or Pat Sajak were the "famous" Orioles fans, but you are #1 like Jackson Holliday on a prospect list.

I doubt this occurs without the Westburg injury, but that was the same alchemy with Adolis Garcia that brought Evan Carter to fame.   

I think I hope the roster move is a Ramon Urias DFA.    Apart from the fact I think Elias likes Livan Soto and he is more of a fit on the org depth chart in Norby's absence, I hope Urias gets the chance to play much of Aug/Sep to show his value to the league.    Tonight even if retained I think only the smallest chance Elias tenders him for 2025 with the automatic Arb2 bump.    I even accept the risk if Toronto grabs him as an upgrade on their current options Monday.   

Rookie Integration Tax, I don't care if he is 2-for-20 or 4-for-40 or 8-for-80.    Top tier talents win championships.    He is a far better aimed shot at that than any of the alternatives.     His A, B, C and D swings I bet all reach the Crawford Boxes easy if he has a moment with Framber or Kikuchi or Hader this fall.    I believe ROI for the org conferring this 2nd month of reps in preparation for whatever Game 1 the Orioles end up in has some chance to beat constraining him to 1 month whether the Game 1 opponent is Pablo Lopez in the ALWC or Gerrit Cole in the ALDS.

It is all here but Basallo now if we restrict Kjerstad to RF.     I'm at peace with "The Ryans" playing 1B/DH over Kjerstad in a way I wasn't with the contingency of Urias being a priority play over Mayo.    I'm even hopeful this is Elias giving some red meat to the many other championship caliber players in his clubhouse Winning is gaining leverage on Efficiency.

• Upvote 2

Finally... the last of the Norfolk Murderer's Row gets the call.

Now we get a breather before Basallo, Bradfield, et al. start to build up their AAA cred.

image.png.c57a026997eab73e59fe3dce07634fae.png

image.thumb.jpeg.573c0f79faa7d0a021771985800f55d3.jpeg

• Upvote 2

This may or may not have been the last mental skills challenge Mayo had to hurdle before being able to advance.

Richard Gere's Don't You Do It at 0:45 of this clip is the OH community's message to Elias about manipulating his service time.

This is like the 3rd or 4th time the Orioles have brought up a taxi guy for a game, immediately before promoting the real prospect following an injury.  I kind of wonder what the logic here is.