I want to say this about Coby Mayo (All Inclusive)

There are about 10 threads this could go in right now, but two Coby Mayo facts from the offseason before he continued and even amplified his strong play in 2024.

Coby Mayo's 124 wRC in 2023 were the most amassed by an Age 21 or younger bat in the last 10 years.

Entering 2024, PECOTA forecast him as MLB's 3rd strongest Age 22 bat by their overall DRC+ run production metric.

The first tier of the Age 22 group there this season was led by Francisco Alvarez and Jordan Walker, Mayo 3rd, and Wyatt Langford, Colt Keith, Nolan Schanuel and Elly de la Cruz the next set.

PECOTA also forecast Jackson Holliday as baseball's strongest Age 20 bat and Samuel Basallo baseball's strongest Age 19 bat.

6 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

There are about 10 threads this could go in right now, but two Coby Mayo facts from the offseason before he continued and even amplified his strong play in 2024.

Coby Mayo's 124 wRC in 2023 were the most amassed by an Age 21 or younger bat in the last 10 years.

Entering 2024, PECOTA forecast him as MLB's 3rd strongest Age 22 bat by their overall DRC+ run production metric.

The first tier of the Age 22 group there this season was led by Francisco Alvarez and Jordan Walker, Mayo 3rd, and Wyatt Langford, Colt Keith, Nolan Schanuel and Elly de la Cruz the next set.

PECOTA also forecast Jackson Holliday as baseball's strongest Age 20 bat and Samuel Basallo baseball's strongest Age 19 bat.

How many other age 20 bats are there in baseball ATM?

2 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

I think his nickname should be “Large Human Being.”

And if Kevin Brown makes any condiments puns tonight, I’m going to organize a letter-writing campaign…

I figure if he makes a good play at 3rd, I imagine Brown will say "Mayo is putting on a clinic out there".   You know, Mayo Clinic?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I figure if he makes a good play at 3rd, I imagine Brown will say "Mayo is putting on a clinic out there".   You know, Mayo Clinic?

God save us from Kevin Brown…clever puns are always wonderful…but they are also exCEEDINGLY rare.

Add require more twice as much wit as Kevin has.

18 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Yeah that is why I think a lot of this hand wringing about not playing 3rd base well is premature.  Give him another year or 2 to 'grow into his body' and I think he will be just fine.  Maybe even very good D wise.  3rd base is a hard position as it is, let alone for a 6'5" 22 year old. 

17 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Took him a while to make it to MLB with all the other top prospects, but they knew  he’d eventually catchup.  

No doubt he'll relish his time in the bigs.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HowAboutThat said:

And if Kevin Brown makes any condiments puns tonight, I’m going to organize a letter-writing campaign…

Kevin Brown won't be on until the Toronto series. Geoff Arnold will be on with Big Ben tonight.

57 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Yea, he’s a big dude.  Saw in Bowie a few years ago and he looked his listed height.