8/06 @ Toronto (Cito still sucks)

Just now, forphase1 said:

Huh?  Again, I don't hit for Holliday, so he's still at 2nd.  Mayo hits for Urias and replaces him at 3rd.  Not complicated.  But yes, once you pull Holliday it's then complicated to hit for Urias without have some really screwed up situations in the infield.  Another reason why hitting for Holliday shouldn't have happened.

and then slater hits for cowser if cowser is hurt. so simple. 

4 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Holliday is your 2B the rest of the year and future. He’s not a platoon player. Cowser is your CF. He’s not a platoon player. This isn’t O’Hearn and Mounty.

God, please somebody with some critical questions talk to Hyde. What a joke.

Agree.   I am beyond tired of Hyde trying to play these righty/lefty matchups when he goes with a player over another who is not even close to as good.

He has GOT TO GO.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It’s logical in your mind to ignore someone’s career and only concern yourself over 2 games?

When the two games are the most recent games, when they are the first games in a new environment with a new team, hell yes.

He has been worse than useless since joining Baltimore. No virtues, none. No silver linings.

And you bring him in up 1-0, one single hit against an excellent pitcher having a superb day, knowing he’s been poison every single batter he’s faced since his acquisition?

No.

i understand he has had past success. But he hasn’t had recent success AND he has given you no reason to expect success.

He might be successful in time but he’s not now.

So, others have echoed what I’ve said. The game is over so it’s moot, at least until the next time it happens, but what is your defense of the move? Why do you think it was acceptable to being in Soto? 
That he’s been successful in the past is an argument but I’ve already commented on it. Any others?

Just now, forphase1 said:

Huh?  Again, I don't hit for Holliday, so he's still at 2nd.  Mayo hits for Urias and replaces him at 3rd.  Not complicated.  But yes, once you pull Holliday it's then complicated to hit for Urias without have some really screwed up situations in the infield.  Another reason why hitting for Holliday shouldn't have happened.

Mounty used to play 3B. They could have moved him there and O’Hearn to 1B if they absolutely had too, but he shouldn’t have pinch hit for Holliday.  That should have been Urias without a doubt. 

8 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

This is Hyde’s worst game in a long time. Should have left Burch in 2 more batters. Should have hit Holiday, Slater, Cowser in that order.

Preceded by he should have given Suarez another inning 

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It’s logical in your mind to ignore someone’s career and only concern yourself over 2 games?

But we can't magically pick from the best of the career, can we? We can go by what we are seeing in the moment and have a feel for the game at hand. Smith is pitching very, very well in the moment in the game at hand. Soto has pitched horribly for us. You don't ignore Soto completely, but why bring him in then in a tight game?  That's what we're crucifying Hyde for. Why now in a very winnable game when runs are hard to come by?

17 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He had a choice to hit for Holiday or not. It worked. 

That meant he couldn’t hit for Urias and Mayo had to come in. So does he hit for Cowser with Mayo or not? He decided he liked the matchup. Didn’t work. 

Yeah what was he basing his decision on? 

You don’t ALWAYS have to pinch hit a righty for a lefty. It’s robotic and dumb.

I understand Slater walked. Great, I guess… I would much rather have pinch hit Mayo for Urias and let Holliday and Cowser have their hacks.

If Soto keeps this up I would rather just DFA him then put him on a playoff roster if the Orioles get there. Also what sucks is after the Yankees had a horrendous stretch of bad baseball they are now back in the first place because Baltimore couldn't beat a AAAA team tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Baseball fandom said:

If Soto keeps this up I would rather just DFA him then put him on a playoff roster if the Orioles get there. Also what sucks is after the Yankees had a horrendous stretch of bad baseball they are now back in the first place because Baltimore couldn't beat a AAAA team tonight. 

We took no advantage of the NYY slump.   Our AAA bullpen couldn’t handle the AAAA Blue Jays.  We rarely have a game where the team doesn’t have at least one element that doesn’t show up.  Hasn’t been a good team for quite a while now.  

20 minutes ago, Wavetrapper said:

We took no advantage of the NYY slump.   Our AAA bullpen couldn’t handle the AAAA Blue Jays.  We rarely have a game where the team doesn’t have at least one element that doesn’t show up.  Hasn’t been a good team for quite a while now.  

Yep and the thing is the Orioles need to be careful because the Yankees are playing some bad teams coming up so the Orioles need to take advantage of a bad Toronto team. Then again the Orioles losing to bad teams is a real thing. 

Edited by Baseball fandom

2 hours ago, Baseball fandom said:

Yep and the thing is the Orioles need to be careful because the Yankees are playing some bad teams coming up so the Orioles need to take advantage of a bad Toronto team. Then again the Orioles losing to bad teams is a real thing. 

The O's are a bad team right now. They are 5 games under since the middle of June.