FIX THE DANG HITTING!

DocJJ

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The hitting has no excuse. They haven’t been decimated by injuries like the pitching. We’ve spent so much draft capital on hitting. There’s no next prospect to call up. 

It’s time for all the highly drafted hitting prospects to produce. We aren’t dead, and the could thing about a young group is that they can grow up really fast. We’re just running out of time this year. 

Man you nailed it. This is what I've been saying for awhile now. I would love to have Norby's RHB in this lineup right now and not some guy they traded for pitching in the minors. 

1 hour ago, casadeozo said:

Also Not to be overlooked. Cowser is currently 5th in MLB in K%. 

Over the same period (since August 11th) Cowser has slashed a poor but not complete awful .200/.290/.326/.616 with 37 Ks in 107 PAs. So yes, Cowser is part of the problem as well. 

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Over the same period (since August 11th) Cowser has slashed a poor but not complete awful .200/.290/.326/.616 with 37 Ks in 107 PAs. So yes, Cowser is part of the problem as well. 

He’s playing too much. He should still probably sit 1-2 games a week. He’s done better vs lefties as the season went on but he should still sit vs them every once in a while.

This is just another spot where the injuries have hurt the team.

10 minutes ago, Baseball fandom said:

Man you nailed it. This is what I've been saying for awhile now. I would love to have Norby's RHB in this lineup right now and not some guy they traded for pitching in the minors. 

It does make you wonder that the one guy they were willing to trade (for a pitcher throwing 91 MPH that they had to demote) is raking while they use Jimenez, Maton, and Rivera, none of whom should be playing on a true contender.  Even if they DH'd him, he would look a lot better than what they are running out there. 

this is what Norby is doing with Miami but he could not find regular PAs with the Orioles.

image.thumb.png.383268a11d5c3372b42bd86cd9cd1351.png

His BABIP is unsustainable obviously, but Norby has been raking for a long time in AAA and was ignored by the Orioles. Now, not surprisingly, he's struggled at 3B since he had very little experience there. But as I said, even at DH and being a 4th outfielder, he would have looked pretty good in this putrid lineup of late.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s playing too much. He should still probably sit 1-2 games a week. He’s done better vs lefties as the season went on but he should still sit vs them every once in a while.

This is just another spot where the injuries have hurt the team.

I do think he's tired for sure. Saying that, he's got to improve on hitting offpseed of that percentage is going to keep going up.

image.thumb.png.d14522c831774e8759d730d8977bec67.png

Let's hope we see more of this in this series:

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sporty-videos?playId=36d2c184-58ae-407e-8729-637d0108fc64

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I do think he's tired for sure. Saying that, he's got to improve on hitting offpseed of that percentage is going to keep going up.

image.thumb.png.d14522c831774e8759d730d8977bec67.png

100%

Why he can’t lay off the change up 7 inches off the plate is beyond me but it’s clear he can’t recognize the pitch or lay off of it.

But he’s another guy learning. Another guy trying to make adjustments in his rookie year at a young age. 

This is the “problem” With so much young talent that is ready at the same time but yet inexperienced at the same time. You just have to wait out the growing pains.

Adding injuries on top of that and playing guys like Maton and Rivera just adds to it.

And if you are doing that and you have vets struggling, it’s a recipe for a disaster on offense.

Obviously, if the Orioles knew about these injuries, they don’t make the Rogers trade. You certainly feel better about the offense right now if Norby and Stowers were up here.

But they made the trade (and for good reasons imo) and have just had bad luck since.

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It does make you wonder that the one guy they were willing to trade (for a pitcher throwing 91 MPH that they had to demote) is raking while they use Jimenez, Maton, and Rivera, none of whom should be playing on a true contender.  Even if they DH'd him, he would look a lot better than what they are running out there. 

this is what Norby is doing with Miami but he could not find regular PAs with the Orioles.

image.thumb.png.383268a11d5c3372b42bd86cd9cd1351.png

His BABIP is unsustainable obviously, but Norby has been raking for a long time in AAA and was ignored by the Orioles. Now, not surprisingly, he's struggled at 3B since he had very little experience there. But as I said, even at DH and being a 4th outfielder, he would have looked pretty good in this putrid lineup of late.

I just wanted to see the kid get his chance in Baltimore. He certainly had earned it through hard work and putting up the numbers in the minors and all the time he put in down there. If they were going to trade him that's fine but I would had personally preferred to wait for the off season and put him in a package for a better pitcher then what they got in return. When that deal went  down I hated it and obviously I'm hating even more now 

They have scored 4 runs or less in 14 of their last 16 games against teams that aren’t COL or CHW, with a total of 33 runs in those 14 games. 

The pitching stunk tonight and has had a few stinkers like that, but you just can’t consistently win with an offense that is scoring 4 runs max and averaging 2-3 runs per game. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Baseball fandom said:

I just wanted to see the kid get his chance in Baltimore. He certainly had earned it through hard work and putting up the numbers in the minors and all the time he put in down there. If they were going to trade him that's fine but I would had personally preferred to wait for the off season and put him in a package for a better pitcher then what they got in return. When that deal went  down I hated it and obviously I'm hating even more now 

When he was traded Westburg, Mateo, and Urias were still healthy.  Jackson Holliday was always ahead of him.  Hindsight is 20/20 and how things have turned out we could have used him but at the time he was not going to get playing time on this team.  

18 minutes ago, accinfo said:

When he was traded Westburg, Mateo, and Urias were still healthy.  Jackson Holliday was always ahead of him.  Hindsight is 20/20 and how things have turned out we could have used him but at the time he was not going to get playing time on this team.  

Exactly, it's not like Norby would ever supplant Westburg -- and Urias had the hottest bat on the team at the time.  Even now if Norby were on the team he would likely be DH or 1B because Mounty and Kjerstad are hurt.  Norby was always going to be trade bait -- just got dealt in a weak trade (so far anyway). 

I think we're expecting too much of a team with Eloy Jimenez, Emmanuel Rivera and Austin Slater in the lineup.  And we're expecting Holliday and Mayo to be great out the gate, which happens less and less these days.  

Just hoping we get Westy, Kjerstad, Mounty, Urias back on the roster soon for Soto/Rivera/Jimenez/Maton. Such a huge upgrade is possibly soon. Missing Mateo a lot as well, especially vs lefties. 

Vs RHP:

SS Gunnar

CF Mullins

3B Westburg

RF Santander

LF Cowser

1B O'Hearn/Mounty

C Adley

DH Kjerstad

2B Holliday

vs LHP:

SS Gunnar