Its a lot of fun watching Elias build this team

wildcard

I gotta say, I think our development of hitters looks to be pretty genius. I don’t want to jinx it, but the results thus far on our top hitting prospects becoming all star level players seems pretty uncanny.

I love that we don’t rush players through the system and we seem pretty psychologically savvy on sending guys back down, letting things reset, and keeping it positive even when guys are “failing” at first.

Normally I think I’d start worrying about Mayo. But with Cowser, Gunnar, G rod (on pitching side) and now Holliday all struggling but being organizationally supported through it, I don’t feel like I worry as much.

There’s no panic when a guy struggles and the focus is truly on putting a prospect in the best position to succeed. 

Edited by Grt 2BA FL Gator

7 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

An aside, but GRod and Bautista were Duquette pickups. Although I’d say the Elias regime developed Bautista.

The Elias' regime developed and is still developing GRod as well.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

I gotta say, I think our development of hitters looks to be pretty genius. I don’t want to jinx it, but the results thus far on our top hitting prospects becoming all star level players seems pretty uncanny.

I love that we don’t rush players through the system and we seem pretty psychologically savvy on sending guys back down, letting things reset, and keeping it positive even when guys are “failing” at first.

Normally I think I’d start worrying about Mayo. But with Cowser, Gunnar, G rod (on pitching side) and now Holliday all struggling but being organizationally supported through it, I don’t feel like I worry as much.

There’s no panic when a guy struggles and the focus is truly on putting a prospect in the best position to succeed. 

Agree 100%, and I expect them to send him back down pretty soon to get him back on track (and preserve rookie status in 2025).