SS-Henderson/Holliday

3B-Westburg/Mayo

RF-Hjerstad/TBD

1B-Mayo/Basallo

LF-Cowser/TBD

2B-Holliday/Westburg

DH-TBD

SP-TBD, Bradish, G-Rod, Kremer, Rogers, Povich, McDermott

Pretty amazing that every position player above is a home grown talent.  That lineup is potent and relatively cheap.  Showing it like this makes it pretty obvious that we need a few OF across the board either thru FA or development.  

The SP above are just a swag, who knows if Bradish makes it back and is effective or if Kremer/Rogers et al will continue to be serviceable. 

It’s fun to look at the team and the pieces in the future to see how it may impact what Elias does in 2025 to set the Os up for success.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, EERinthe804 said:

CF-TBD/Cowser

C-Rutschman/Basallo

SS-Henderson/Holliday

3B-Westburg/Mayo

RF-Hjerstad/TBD

1B-Mayo/Basallo

LF-Cowser/TBD

2B-Holliday/Westburg

DH-TBD

Pretty amazing that every position player above is a home grown talent.  That lineup is potent and relatively cheap.  Showing it like this makes it pretty obvious that we need a few OF across the board either thru FA or development.  

The SP above are just a swag, who knows if Bradish makes it back and is effective or if Kremer/Rogers et al will continue to be serviceable. 

It’s fun to look at the team and the pieces in the future to see how it may impact what Elias does in 2025 to set the Os up for success.

So …. Let me just say that I don’t understand looking ahead two years when we are in first place this season. If you were a Tiger or White Sox fan I could understand. 

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, EERinthe804 said:

CF-TBD/Cowser

C-Rutschman/Basallo

SS-Henderson/Holliday

3B-Westburg/Mayo

RF-Hjerstad/TBD

1B-Mayo/Basallo

LF-Cowser/TBD

2B-Holliday/Westburg

DH-TBD

It is an impressive collection of positional talent.  I-m guessing a lot of the SP the O's need will be from trading prospects blocked by all this talent or even one or two of these guys the O's can-t afford to sign long term 

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So …. Let me just say that I don’t understand looking ahead two years when we are in first place this season. If you were a Tiger or White Sox fan I could understand. 

Does looking ahead two years mean that he’s not also focused on the current Oriole team?   Can’t you do both?   I think it’s pretty normal to look ahead and try to guess what this team looks like in 1-2 years.

Add to that cheap amount of positional talent, the presence felt by Rubenstein and company. The new owner has a slam dunk setup to sign the pieces needed for several World Series appearances. They will do so.

It is all calculated, from the assembly generated of talent to the continual rookies of the year to Lord Walltimore, to the new ownership.

Everything is falling into place and Rubes will not swing and miss at resigning Santander, Burnes, and a host of relievers. 

think about it from a free agent pitcher perspective. You want to play for a team that you feel will be competing for a World Series. Look no further than the O’s.

With Cowser, rutschman and Henderson, you’re likely to have a lot of fun doing so as well.

45 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Geez RT. Give the new guy a break. 23,000 posts and you've never started a speculative thread looking ahead to the future? 

Edited by Jagwar

1 hour ago, EERinthe804 said:

CF-TBD/Cowser

C-Rutschman/Basallo

SS-Henderson/Holliday

3B-Westburg/Mayo

RF-Hjerstad/TBD

1B-Mayo/Basallo

LF-Cowser/TBD

2B-Holliday/Westburg

DH-TBD

Have to think Adley is going to get some time at 1B. I would expect Bradfield to be in the CF mix. 

Might as well fill out the best guess position player list… The eight you have needs another starter in the OF, a 4th OF, and a UTIL. That’s only 11 so if you don’t have the full-time DH type the last two could be a fifth OF and, hear me out, a third catcher. 

So, you could have someone like Beavers as the third OF, O’Ferrell at UTIL, Bradfield at OF4/PR, Honeycutt as OF/DH, and Anderson at C3. That’s a lot of wish casting on guys we just drafted… but if nothing else it shows why we picked who we picked. They are college bats that fit into the plan two/three years from now if all goes well. All three would be up in less than two minor league seasons, so it’s pretty unrealistic.

Maybe this also shows a path to a 3-year deal for Santander?

I don’t know what the plan will be at SP. I really think we use Ruby’s money to pay Burnes whatever the market demands. Maybe we’ll extend Eflin. Bradish, Povich, Trade. Perhaps another trade? Maybe trade again?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

2026?  I bet Blue Jay and White Sox fans said the similar thing in 2021 and said looking ahead to 2023 and 2024 for fun. 

We aren't doing anything without adding outside pitching talent

In order to figure out what we will do in 2025, Elias also needs to understand the make up of the team after that.  Decisions aren’t made in a 1-year silo.  If that was true we likely don’t trade for  Rogers and Efflin.