8/31 @ Rockies

kidrock

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• This board is smart enough to realize that the grass isn't always greener. The only way I see Hyde on the hot seat is if we miss the playoffs completely, which still feels very unlikely. Even then, I doubt he'd be fired during the offseason, but maybe. But then what? I don't think you give Buck Britton a shot at this roster. He's doing his thing and doing it well at AAA helping to develop guys. Could bring back Buck Showalter or Joe Girrardi, those sound like fun names. Or better yet, I bet everyone here with a torch and a pitchfork has their own little crystal ball with a short list of candidates ready to catch lightning in a bottle. 
    • The 4-run deficit was surmountable if we had more than one player who can hit the damn ball.   Kimbrel giving up six runs in the 9th may turn out to be a blessing.    
    • I wonder if last night was kind of a face saving tipping point though. Kimbrel and/or Eloy are easy famous names if Elias wants to "get serious" about optics. Not anything involving any of the long term chosen ones obviously.  
    • Really hoping the Minnesota series means nothing. I don’t care what seed they get right now..just get in. They aren’t any better at home than they are away. If you can have your spot clinched by Minnesota, I want to see them rest as many guys as possible for those games.
    • Parsing words I think "the testing of our depth" part is as close as Elias will come to critiquing Holliday and Mayo. I believe the club prides itself on its ability to prepare Bats to be ready to stay up, etc., but I do wonder if Sig Mejdal's "leading, bleeding edge" has made substitutes for actual MLB competition less effective than they have been in recent years. As awful as this run is, I've seen some comments a big off-season is ahead, but I'm not sure I agree.     There's nothing to do next April but play the guys you've planted your flag on.      Adley, Ryan, Holliday, Gunnar, Westburg, Cowser, Mullins, Kjerstad and Mayo is I think about as set an Opening Day lineup as you can find inching towards the winter.    Tommy Pham will be available for free next summer if somebody can't play. Certainly some interesting day to day calls for however long this year's ride the club can hold on for.    Prospect growth is not linear, and it still isn't impossible Holliday or Mayo will display some in the next 2 weeks.     Mayo can take dozens of at bats a day against Hurter with easy access to the Trajekt machine at home.
    • Mullins swing in a 3-2 count at a pitch that started at his shins and just was never a strike was telling. They are pressing beyond pressing, obviously. I'm just not seeing any spark from anywhere. They look tired.
    • What a funny thread. Yes we will. Will we win in the postseason? I’d say definitely no, but we’ll make it. 
  • Popular Contributors