Injury updates

Sports Guy

sheesh. when I see the list of injuries from this team it is just unbelievable.  It is upsetting when we lose to an atrocious team like the Sox but we have a lot of players that, in a normal year, most likely would not have smelled Baltimore.

17 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Maybe he was working on stuff?  

How can he give up four runs with two hits and a walk? Did the guy who relieved him let him inherited runners score?

Probably working on some things.

Think it was because of a fielder’s choice. Guessing they tried to make a play on the lead runner. Basically it was: walk, reach on fielder’s choice, single (scores 1), flyout, single (scores 1)

New pitcher came in, threw a wild pitch (scores 1), then a single which scored the 4th run charged to Webb.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Webb pitched in Bowie tonight and he was very bad.

Was he?  The game summary shows that some infielder made a fielder’s choice that didn’t work and cost him an out, and that Nick Richmond allowed two inherited runners to score.  It wasn’t a good outing (walk, stolen base, blown fielder’s choice, single, fly out, single) but the defense and follow on pitcher made it much worse than it needed to be.  You don’t often see a line that has 4 ER based on 2 singles and a walk.  

7 hours ago, HowAboutThat said:

Maybe he was working on stuff?  

How can he give up four runs with two hits and a walk? Did the guy who relieved him let him inherited runners score?

Nope. Not working on things at all. He’s gotta now go back and prove himself in AA and AAA now. ETA is OD 2027. 

Nothing personal. All sarcasm. Of course he’s working on things. We saw this with Means and Bradish in AAA earlier this year. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

Webb at Bowie: 1/3 IP, 4 ER, 2 H, 1 BB, 0 HR, 21 pitches

Sounds like he is ready! Sarcasm aside, I think I would activate him and start him off in low leverage situations until he shows he can handle more. Having him back would be a huge lift. 

Edited by MCO'sFan

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

What's up with Mounty?  IIRC, it was a 10 day IL stint and retroactive to a few days prior...maybe I've missed it but I haven't heard a peep about him and it's been longer than 10 days, I believe.

Today is the 10th day since we put him on IL, but yeah it was retroactive to 3 days prior to that. Haven't even heard what the actual injury is beyond "sore wrist". 

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

What's up with Mounty?  IIRC, it was a 10 day IL stint and retroactive to a few days prior...maybe I've missed it but I haven't heard a peep about him and it's been longer than 10 days, I believe.

Just now, interloper said:

Today is the 10th day since we put him on IL, but yeah it was retroactive to 3 days prior to that. Haven't even heard what the actual injury is beyond "sore wrist". 

As of a few days ago he still wasn't healthy enough to swing a bat.