9/7 Game 2 against TB

ShoelesJoe

Do you think we would be playing Norby right now? Any 0/3 game from Norby and he would be benched for 3-4 games. We have a guy who is rated considerably higher than him right now sitting for Emmanual Rivera and Nick Maton.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

I do think our offense would look much better with Norby and/or Ortiz in our lineup. Not second guessing the trades, but we lost Mateo and Westburg to injuries at the absolute worst times possible. 

No question Norby. But we aren’t where we are without first half Burnes.

Just now, terpoh said:

Do you think we would be playing Norby right now? Any 0/3 game from Norby and he would be benched for 3-4 games. We have a guy who is rated considerably higher than him right now sitting for Emmanual Rivera and Nick Maton.

Norby would play against lefties occasionally and thats probably it

Just now, terpoh said:

Norby is a better defender than Mayo and it’s not particularly close.

1 minute ago, ShoelesJoe said:

I do think our offense would look much better with Norby and/or Ortiz in our lineup. Not second guessing the trades, but we lost Mateo and Westburg to injuries at the absolute worst times possible. 

And Gunnar underperforming and Adley sinking like the Titantic hasn't helped.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• That's too bad. I'm with you. I like Irvin and though he faded hard this year after a hot start, he's a good depth piece to have and capable of nice runs of success in a swingman role. 
    • Just showed up in my feed. Part of it sound like I expected. I did not expect the second vocalist.  
    • I would rather have Irvin then Smith or Kimbrel
    • I know most of you will act like this is nothing and maybe it will be but I would rather Cole be in the org than not.
    • On the "death of the .300 hitter" front: if the season ended today, 2024 would be the second straight year with only a single-digit number of qualified .300 hitters in MLB.  Before that, the last time there were less than ten .300 hitters was 1968. 
    • Yea I’m beginning to be on this train. Last year, when the “experts” would break down the ravens, they showed a lot of route concepts and things previous teams weren’t doing. We saw some hiccups but things went pretty well last year overall…until the Chiefs game. This is the second year and this is when you are supposed to be more comfortable and while the offense hasn’t been bad the first 2 weeks, they are stagnating at the wrong time and are not using Henry enough. (Again why sign him if you aren’t going to use him?…just keep Zeitler) You had an entire offseason to figure things out and you have failed miserably doing it. I think they will turn things around eventually. I still feel they find a way into the playoffs but I definitely don’t feel as good about it as I did before.    We will see how complacent they are this week. There is zero excuse not to make changes on the line and with your scheme. The Cowboys have clear problems on defense. They have clear things that have been an issue for them this year and all of last year. They aren’t physical enough up the middle and they struggle vs a west coast offense. Let’s see if Monken adjusts to those things.
    • You generally can't intentionally bloop a ball.  The right approach is to consistently try to hit it hard where it is pitched.  The OP's data definitely lines up with what I thought for a few of those games.  We had a good luck season last year, things are evening out this year.  
  • Popular Contributors