Candidates for O’s MiL Pitcher of the Year

Frobby

14 hours ago, Frobby said:

At this point Povich has almost as many innings in Baltimore (69.0) as at Norfolk (77.2), so I’m guessing they won’t consider him a candidate.   McDermott definitely is, despite his one game in Baltimore and subsequent injury.   He still leads our minor leaguers in strikeouts despite all the time he’s missed!   He did win the award last year and I don’t know if they want to double up.   Young should be a candidate, and I’ll get into him after he makes his final start of the year.  

I think we go with McDermott again. His 97 IP isn’t far off from Weston’s 109 IP. Just a tough year, made more tough by the deadline. Baumeister probably wins this award if he were still around. 

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think we go with McDermott again. His 97 IP isn’t far off from Weston’s 109 IP. Just a tough year, made more tough by the deadline. Baumeister probably wins this award if he were still around. 

I don’t think it’s been that tough a year.  I think we have more decent candidates than most years, though maybe missing a standout or two at the very top.   Just two years ago, Ryan Watson was our MiL pitcher of the year.   Now that’s a tough year.