O’s look done

Pat Kelly

The loss of Mateo doesn't get much play around here and I understand that but that was the beginning.  Add Westy soon after and the infield started a downward trend. We talk about pitching but add Urais and Monty to the above equation and we been skunked. All the analytics in the world with what has been plugged in place is greatly challanged. We are more done to than done. It's like rooting for a train wreck to make it across the finish line. Yet I will keep rooting!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

Top ten things that can revive this offense, in descending order of likelihood:

1.  Kjerstad is called up and performs at his previous level from this season, taking at bats away from Jimenez and O'Hearn.  (This should have been done yesterday)

2.  Urias comes back and hits closer to August Urias than First Half Urias.

3.  Rutschman snaps out of it.

4.  Gunnar, Tony or Ced goes on a tear.

5.  Cowser snaps out of it.

6.  Westburg comes back and is at least 80 percent of the hitter he was before the injury.

7.  O'Hearn snaps out of it

8.  Holliday snaps out of it

9.  Mayo snaps out of it

10.  Mountcastle comes back at hits better than he did before the injury.  

I didn't have "Livan Soto takes over 2B from Holliday and gives a jolt to the offense" in my top 10.  

15 minutes ago, orioles119 said:

Yeah okay....  if they were tanking, they wouldn't be fighting for the division and +19 on the good side of .500.

Join The Can Club - you have problem with context too or just like to cherry pick from one small part of what I said for some reason? But thanks for your input. 

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, dystopia said:

No veteran leadership I should say. 

But I thought veteranosity wasn’t a thing? Isn’t that the standard belief here?  Isn’t that why players like Odor, Frazier, Hicks were so maligned last couple years?  So now we don’t have those types of players, and we’re lacking ‘veteran leadership’?  Can’t have it both ways. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

But I thought veteranosity wasn’t a thing? Isn’t that the standard belief here?  Isn’t that why players like Odor, Frazier, Hicks were so maligned last couple years?  So now we don’t have those types of players, and we’re lacking ‘veteran leadership’?  Can’t have it both ways. 

I don't think the folks saying the one thing are the same folks saying the other.