Maybe, just maybe, theres a ray of hope

Roy Firestone

They follow up last night's debacle by losing once again today because they can't hit with RISP. 6 hits, 0-8 with RISP, 1 inning with a run scored. Hopefully they got booed after the game - they certainly deserve it.

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

I mean anything is always possible. But this has been a bad baseball team for months.

I scratch my head to even see what we do well? I don't think there is one team strength that can reasonable be relied upon.

We don't do anything well.  37-45 in their last 82.  That is a REAL long stretch of awfulness.  Watching Yankees clinch the division in front of them on Tuesday night would motivate a normal team, but these dudes are the baseball equivalent of a flatline.  Hats off to the Tigers....27-11 in their last 38 and good at every phase of the game.  That is how you get a fanbase excited and head to October.

17 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I mean anything is always possible. But this has been a bad baseball team for months.

I scratch my head to even see what we do well? I don't think there is one team strength that can reasonable be relied upon.

Starting rotation is pretty good. Bullpen is decent. 

The offense isn't clutch, they've been really bad in September, but there is hope that Urias, Westy and (hopefully) Mountcastle at least get them back to being competent instead of inept.

The defense sucks, though. But, once again, hopefully Urias and Westy can right that ship a bit. 

They don't run particularly well lately. 

So, you put it all together, and it should be a *good team* with the reinforcements back, but nobody should call them very good or great. 

2 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Starting rotation is pretty good. Bullpen is decent. 

The offense isn't clutch, they've been really bad in September, but there is hope that Urias, Westy and (hopefully) Mountcastle at least get them back to being competent instead of inept.

The defense sucks, though. But, once again, hopefully Urias and Westy can right that ship a bit. 

They don't run particularly well lately. 

So, you put it all together, and it should be a *good team* with the reinforcements back, but nobody should call them very good or great. 

Starting rotation is good top two and decent #3. After that.... Well?

IMO bullpen is very unreliable. Coloumbe hopefully being back stabilizes things some. The rest I don't really trust especially in big spots.

Defense is not very good. And situational hitting is awful.

I definitely haven't seen "a good team" since the Bradish injury which was over 3 months ago at this point.

26 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

They have won 1 of their last 13 series against teams that aren't CHW or COL. They haven't won a series against a team above .500 since 7/4 (8 series). They just suck - let this pathetic season just end please.

You can stop watching anytime.  

Honestly, part of me thinks the team is trying to situational hit too much and taking a different approach with runners on to try to hit a sac fly or make contact or whatever, which is not actually that easy, and it's taking them off their normal game that they've trained all year for. They're pressing. I'd rather they just take their normal approach and normal swings, as if the bases were empty, and do some real damage when they get a pitch to hit. That is plenty good if they can do that, now that the lineup holes are getting plugged up.