9/21 Povich vs Olson

LookitsPuck

2 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

There is plenty of blame to go around.   Perez can't finish a batter when he's up 0-2, Adley can't steal a low strike,  Holliday emulating a bullfightier on a GIDP ball, Rivera positioning himself off the base and can't make a tag....

Perez threw a pitch on the corner that AB and didn't get the call. Can't put the blame on him for this one.

Just now, EddeeEddee said:

I do wonder that whenever Holliday starts hitting maybe he is an outfielder or a first baseman.  He makes some good plays sometimes, but he does look kind of slow as an infielder and not the strongest arm either.

I've been saying for awhile that he should get a look in center field. He really doesn't do anything well on the dirt. I said the same thing when he was in the minors and was scoffed at by some. Now people are seeing it. 

1 minute ago, EddeeEddee said:

I do wonder that whenever Holliday starts hitting maybe he is an outfielder or a first baseman.  He makes some good plays sometimes, but he does look kind of slow as an infielder and not the strongest arm either.

Maybe he becomes the Zobrist "all over the field" type we thought might fit Westburg? I know OAA likes Holliday at 2B but I am not seeing it (and that makes me doubt OAA more so than the eye test).

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I do not blame this inning on Perez. He would have had a least 1 out and runners held if Holliday or Riviera would have done their jobs as fielders. Had Holliday done his job, it's doubtful runners would have advanced and fhere would be at least an out, if not a double play.

Perez stunk, man.

3 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I do like Brandon Hyde's strategy going to Dominguez here. Perez was flustered by the bad defense and bad luck. And we need a strike out pitcher in this situation.

Too bad Dominguez is in a bad funk right now.