Sept 22 vs Tigers — last home game of the season

ShoelesJoe

Just now, ShoelesJoe said:

I wasn’t at either of those games. And “worst loss” is about the emotional stab in the back that such a choke does to the fans who are invested in the team. 

Oops ... Totally missed the "in person" part. Mea Culpa 

Just now, ShoelesJoe said:

Good God. Two outs nobody on base, and we give up three extra base hits in a row. 

And when the O's get 3 hits in a row, our sleepy 3rd base coach sends our slowest runner not named Adley. These teams aren't the same.

This is what I meant with my comment in the thread about Westburg and Urias returning. That stupid “double” happened because Mullins and Santander BOTH slowed down thinking the other would catch it, and neither did. It was in the same area as the collision the other night, and again, bad communication, bad fundamentals. And now we lose. Sheesh

Just now, HowAboutThat said:

This is what I meant with my comment in the thread about Westburg and Urias returning. That stupid “double” happened because Mullins and Santander BOTH slowed down thinking the other would catch it, and neither did. It was in the same area as the collision the other night, and again, bad communication, bad fundamentals. And now we lose. Sheesh

All the more reason we can't afford to have Santander lumbering out there in RF next year.