9/25 at Yankees

Moose Milligan

Just now, HowAboutThat said:

I am once again, following along with the thread here. And I suppose it’s a bit early for my nightly complaint about the managing, but even though I didn’t see it, I think they should’ve challenged… What exactly is it that we should’ve challenged?

Gunnar stole 2nd and was called out.  Replay looked clear that he safe.

Just now, HowAboutThat said:

I am once again, following along with the thread here. And I suppose it’s a bit early for my nightly complaint about the managing, but even though I didn’t see it, I think they should’ve challenged… What exactly is it that we should’ve challenged?

Looked like Gunnar slid under the tag, but it was very close. The Orioles probably did a quick cost/benefit analysis and decided it wasn't worth risking the challenge in that scenario. Might have been one of those "ruling stands" type of decisions and all they would have gotten if successful is a runner on 2nd.

• Thanks 1

Just now, spiritof66 said:

Didn't want to wake Hyde because it's his first good in-game nap for a while?

I don't like the message that sends to the baserunner who said he was (and probably was) safe.

You see that all the time. I think it is understood that the player is asking the dugout to look but it's the dugout's call. Gunnar motions to the dugout every time he makes a close out.