Walltimore

Sanity Check

1 hour ago, emmett16 said:

Just so we are clear….

Folks want us to have a contact and OBP approach & not rely on the HR as our only way to score AND folks think the wall is forcing hitters to work oppo and to have a contact OBP approach and therefore want the wall changed to make HR more easily attainable and more of a focus? 

Just speaking for myself, I subscribe to the first part of the statement. I feel they overdid it with the wall. But now it is what it is. 

2 hours ago, emmett16 said:

Just so we are clear….

Folks want us to have a contact and OBP approach & not rely on the HR as our only way to score AND folks think the wall is forcing hitters to work oppo and to have a contact OBP approach and therefore want the wall changed to make HR more easily attainable and more of a focus? 

I think the wall is going to drive the overwhelming majority of our best hitters — the LH hitters they’re intentionally stacking — not to work oppo.

Because aside from the top 5 MVP finisher with the amazingly thunderous bat, left field at OPACY is death to our other mere mortal LHHs. They’ve struggled to even get hits out there, let alone do any XBH damage.

Eventually they’re going to adjust away from doing the same ineffective thing. They’d be idiots not to.