Wieters

VC@WilliamMary

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arrietta was a 5th round pick... The status of his negotiations aren't going to get much attention.

Nationally, I agree. But around here, with the way our draft was affected by the free agent signings, he is pretty important and should demand some attention. I'm not as "the sky is falling" as others, but if we walk out of this draft with nothing higher than a 4th round pick, it's going to be bad no matter what the argument is.

Elliot

There is only one glimmer of hope in the articles I've read...

Boras said, "The one thing that is clear is that the Wieters family is not seeking a new draft position. They are only seeking values that have been paid before in the draft."

To me this means Wieters WANTS to sign, he just also WANTS the money he thinks he deserves. Maybe they are just playing hardball and will eventually sign at the 11th hour? Or maybe MacFail is a grade A a-hole and won't give him anything remotely close to what he deserves, in which case I am "stick a fork in me" DONE with this franchise!:mad:

Can't anything go easy with this organization for once? I mean I know this is a business, getting Weiters signed to a deal that benefits both parties for for crying out loud, it seems like this organization can't brush their teeth without screwing something up or making fans pull their hair out in nervousness.

Can't anything go easy with this organization for once? I mean I know this is a business, getting Weiters signed to a deal that benefits both parties for for crying out loud, it seems like this organization can't brush their teeth without screwing something up or making fans pull their hair out in nervousness.

Things go easy all the time. Inking Baez to an absurd deal was easy. Extending Captain Popup was easy. Signing Payton was easy. Overpaying Bako was really easy. You're selling the FO short here...

Archived