Would you say that the Tigers rebuild is more successful than the O's?

wildcard

To answer the OP's question - It's too early to tell. But neither team/franchise won anything. I think their fanbase is a little happier because it was unexpected and they at least one a series.

But neither franchise has anything to stick their chest out about.

13 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

I bet neither the Tigers nor the Royals return to the playoffs next year.  That said, don’t see how you can view their seasons as anything other than a success.  Different thing than overall organizational health.  

It depends on how bad the white Sox are next year.  If the white Sox rebound then they won't make it. 

How many of Seattle, Boston and Tampa will the Tigers (or Royals) beat next year?

Both Central clubs took advantage of valuable marginal wins in the low-mid 80's a bunch of White Sox games made easier.

The 2024 AL admitted 6/15 teams to its Festivus, the 1966 AL admitted 1/10.    Had it admitted 4/10, Frobby and the gang I guess would have had to survive a 3 or 5 game series with the 4th place White Sox - Tommie Agee 3 years earlier, Don Buford, Gary Peters and Tommy John.     They probably would have handled them.

2 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

To answer the OP's question - It's too early to tell. But neither team/franchise won anything. I think their fanbase is a little happier because it was unexpected and they at least one a series.

But neither franchise has anything to stick their chest out about.

Indeed, I would much rather be one of the other 18 teams to not reach the playoffs.