Current 40 man roster

Sports Guy

7 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Elias made some waiver claims of relief type arms at the end of the season.  Burch Smith, Bowman, etc... We'll see what he thinks of them.  I would imagine we'd only bring back guys with options.  

I'm still thinking that Soto will be non tendered because of the 8 million salary figure and the fact that we need a spot in the pen for the Norfolk shuttle.  I have him as our 4th most trusted LH RP behind Coloumbe, Akin, and Perez.  I don't see how stays.  Lots of guys throw hard now.  

You trust Perez?

7 hours ago, HowAboutThat said:

You trust Perez?

I think he was saying that for the current LH in the bullpen, Coulombe and Akin are more trusted than Perez, and Perez is more trusted than Soto. It doesn't necessarily mean that Perez (or Soto for that matter) is trust worthy. It means that if you had to bring a LH into a game, Perez would be 3rd choice, right?

• Thanks 1

Bautista returns next season. I'm hoping he is back to his old self,  but I hope that Elias adds a solid piece to the pen, preferably someone with closing experience, just in case Bautista struggles. I know it would be likely be expensive, but I believe it would be worth it. 

On 10/20/2024 at 10:57 PM, eddie83 said:

To be honest I whiffed on Webb. They may not add a pen arm. I’m sure they will add depth but not sure how quality it will be.  

Don't feel bad.  He struck out 9.2 per inning last year.  You weren't the only one.  😉🤣