5/5 O's at Tampa

baseballnelie

Sure, I can appreciate that. It definitely makes sense. I guess I'm more of a bottom-line guy, and that's not always the way to go.
Bottom line is all that matters when looking backward. When looking forward, you have to be more nuanced. Or at least need to be if you wanna get more moves right than the other guy.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thorne needs to be fired. He's the biggest announcer jinx in the history of announcers. "Upton is hitting with no confidence right now" "the Rays have been poor with hitting with m men on base all game"... Bam go ahead single by Upton.....

Thorne needs to be fired. He's the biggest announcer jinx in the history of announcers. "Upton is hitting with no confidence right now" "the Rays have been poor with hitting with m men on base all game"... Bam go ahead single by Upton.....

Many reasons to fire Thorne, but that is definitely one of them.

A BABIP example:

In this outing Koji Uehara recorded 20 outs and allowed 8 hits. 8 of his recorded outs were strike-outs, so that leaves 20 balls put in play. Out of those 20 balls in play, 8 of them fell for hits, which gives him a .400 batting average on balls put in play.

This tells you that Koji probably pitched better than his line indicated, although it's tough to tell in such a small sample size.

If Koji continued to give 6.2 inning performances, striking out 8 and walking 1, you would expect his ERA to be much lower than 4.91, even though his H/9 in this particular outing was over 9.

Blah, tough night for Koji.

This team needs someone besides Baez that can come in the middle innings and get some outs.Koji was in this game 3 or 4 batters too long. If Ray, McCrory or Bass can't come in and get an out,what good are they? This is the other problem with having Johnson slotted in the 8th inning,he should have finished that ininng off,now the games done.

I'll fire Jaime Walker before I fire Gary Thorne, and thats a close race mind you, but I'll just assume Gary Thorne isn't paid 4 million dollars to come in and hang a few sliders. That's his work week. What a joke.

Unfortunate for Koji, but he needed to get one more out. Another solid effort seemingly wasted. They are starting to add up, lets hope it doesnt get him down, but this has to be discouraging for him.

Did anyone see that called strike curve to Luke Scott his last AB? 3 feet outside...and high.

This team needs someone besides Baez that can come in the middle innings and get some outs.Koji was in this game 3 or 4 batters too long. If Ray' date=' McCrory or Bass can't come in and get an out,what good are they? This is the other problem with having Johnson slotted in the 8th inning,he should have finished that ininng off,now the games done.[/quote']

McCrory gave up a weak ground ball and then Kd the next guy. How about we give him a shot?

Archived