5/17 - O's at KC Royals - Koji for the rubber?

bobmc

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna rewind it later and see, but I think Pie's dive was better than Nick's was. Neither one should dive if they're not gonna catch the dang thing, because it adds 1 or 2 bases if they miss. But Pie's effort was a lot closer to a catch than Nick's was. I'm surprised the Pie even got close enough to dive for it.

It feels like another game that the Orioles just progressively get weaker as the game goes on, whether it be with pitching, hitting, defense..the quality of at least one seems to always decline. Maybe it's just the pessimism of an Orioles fan, but it feels like this sort of thing sure does happen a lot.. :(

I'm gonna rewind it later and see, but I think Pie's dive was better than Nick's was. Neither one should dive if they're not gonna catch the dang thing, because it adds 1 or 2 bases if they miss. But Pie's effort was a lot closer to a catch than Nick's was. I'm surprised the Pie even got close enough to dive for it.

Pie's positioning was also a lot closer to the ball, his was catchable. Nick's was not catchable from where Nick was positioned.

It feels like another game that the Orioles just progressively get weaker as the game goes on, whether it be with pitching, hitting, defense..the quality of at least one seems to always decline. Maybe it's just the pessimism of an Orioles fan, but it feels like this sort of thing sure does happen a lot.. :(

Yeah, we're strong in the beginning and not so strong at the end :(

Archived