Are you threatening people? Really? What are these "real and immediate" consequences? You'd beat someone (or something) up for disagreeing with you? Maybe give them a tongue lashing they won't soon forget? That last sentence seems to imply so...

So any announcer who talks about himself is bad? What about when the game's boring and conversation meanders to the mundane briefly?

By your logic, you seem to imply that any announcer who makes any mention of his past exploits is by default a bad announcer.

Ergo, using your logic:

Bob Uecker = Bad announcer (he refers often to his mediocre career as a player)

John Madden = Bad announcer (heck, when wasn't he talking about himself to some extent?)

Hey, any former player or coach is a bad announcer! :rolleyes:

"Dr." I think you flatter yourself. You actually think morons like the losers who post 3000, 10000, 17000+ times on this board (talk about real winners here) would get away with the kind of crap they throw around on this board.

You say something they don't agree with and you're all of a sudden an idiot. Tell me who in the real world wouldn't get in someone's face if they said that to them.

I live in LA. Many places in this city you idiots- yes all of you who posted insults on this thread are truly morons, idiots - many places in this city you wouldn't be walking home, that's for sure. Even in provincial Baltimore, I'm sure there might be someone who'd ask you to reconsider your comments in a most insistent manner.

I wasn't threatening anyone as you well know, troublemaking fool. I was pointing out that if these idiots said the things to me to my face, we'd be having a different conversation and you know it. That's life.

Just like if anyone said these things to you or to them.

Well I leave your oriole soviet to you fascist, moronic, closed minded provincial fools who love the local faded-hero from a bygone era.

• Downvote 3

"Dr." I think you flatter yourself. You actually think morons like the losers who post 3000, 10000, 17000+ times on this board (talk about real winners here) would get away with the kind of crap they throw around on this board.

You say something they don't agree with and you're all of a sudden an idiot. Tell me who in the real world wouldn't get in someone's face if they said that to them.

I live in LA. Many places in this city you idiots- yes all of you who posted insults on this thread are truly morons, idiots - many places in this city you wouldn't be walking home, that's for sure. Even in provincial Baltimore, I'm sure there might be someone who'd ask you to reconsider your comments in a most insistent manner.

I wasn't threatening anyone as you well know, troublemaking fool. I was pointing out that if these idiots said the things to me to my face, we'd be having a different conversation and you know it. That's life.

Well I leave your oriole soviet to you fascist, moronic, closed minded provincial fools who love the local faded-hero from a bygone era.

This is brilliant, Catfish.

Brilliant.

Only 20000 posts away from being CEO of a fortune 500 company. Congrats.

If we challenged you to have one informed opinion, could you come up with something?

If we challenged you to write one post that contributed something - anything - to the board, could you survive that challenge?

I'm curious. I think the odds are longer than Jim Palmer not mentioning 1966 in his next broadcast.

Someone never learned the inherent conflict between fascism and Sovietism.

Of course, that's not surprising, seeing as he never learned the difference between Jim Hunter and Jim Hunter.

I really hope that by the time this is all over, you realize that people don't think you're an idiot for disliking Palmer when plenty of members here have shared that same opinion in the past, but rather, people think you're an idiot for believing that any person should value your opinion on an O's broadcaster while you didn't even realize that Palmer's booth partner wasn't a long-dead Hall of Fame pitcher. That's all there is to it, bub!

Now please, call me a moron over the internet, for surely that is the pinnacle of "cool."

echo, there is really nothing cooler than a blowhard on an internet message board. I'm sure you are really tough when you hang out at grade school bus stops. Do us all a favor and go pretend you are tough somewhere else. We have oldfan to deal with here and that is all most of us can handle.

Lt. Melmo, I think he is an idiot for a lot more reasons than you included in your post.

I assume you realize that the Jim Hunter who has broadcast Oriole games for the past several years is not Jim "Catfish" Hunter, the great A's/Yankees pitcher who passed away from diabetes a few years ago.

They are two completely, utterly, different people.

Orioles announcer Jim Hunter never pitched, to my knowledge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Litella

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_mind_(Saturday_Night_Live)