Who's your 2008 SS

bigbird

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and how do you get him????

That's the million dollar question. If Tejada is dealt, you're looking at Hernandez or Fahey, which is fine if you like guys with an OPS around .500 starting for your team.

It's been stated in other thread that the best availabe FA shortstop is David Eckstein, so FA isn't the way to go.

So if you deal Tejada, you must get a SS in a trade, that's pretty much the only option.

Brent Lillibridge.....3 way deal with Sox and Braves....Could possibly get him several other ways as well.

Agreed, SG. Lillibridge = stud. Do what it takes to get him if the warehouse decides Miggi ain't the answer no more. I'd think carefully about any deal that included Bedard, Roberts, or Markakis to bring Lillibridge aboard, though.

and how do you get him????

It depends on what we do with Tejada and who we get for him. If, as has been suggested by Dave Johnson, they move Tejada to third base, then I think they'll bring up hernandez and try to add power in the outfield.

If the Angels don't get Arod, they may make a deal for us for Tejada. We would need a stick and some pitcing in return. Again I think this team is high on Hernadez and is willing to sacrifice offense at short stop.

Another intriging team are the White Sox. They, ostensibly, claimed him off waivers this month. I like their third baseman and their center fielder.

If I had to guess I think Tejada gets traded for a stick and a pitcher and hernandez plays short stop for us next year. It better work because Roberts and Bedard will be watching.

Archived