Anyone else cheering for the O's to lose?

JoeOrsulak

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I want is Pedro Alvarez or Justin Smoak. One of these 2, with Matt Weiters, Rowell, Markakis, Reimold, possibly Snyder, will look very good for the Orioles in 3 years along with possibly Tex and some other big player. I wouldn't have a problem with the O's losing every game the rest of the way just so we could actually enjoy the next 10 years of baseball like the Arizona Diamondback fans are looking forward to with their young nucleus.

If we're really going in the tank, there's a few more things that can be done:

1. Sit Kevin Millar after his 474th PA. He just might be a Type A free agent.

2. Start Steve Trachsel every 4th day. He's gotta be at least a Type B, right?

3. Bat Patterson leadoff every single game. Drive up that Elias rating. There has to be some chance he's a Type B, right?

I don't just want the #1 overall pick, I want as many picks as they can collect.

3. Bat Patterson leadoff every single game. Drive up that Elias rating. There has to be some chance he's a Type B, right?

I don't just want the #1 overall pick, I want as many picks as they can collect.

Trax has an option for next year...If we decline that option, i don't think we can get a pick for him.

The Orioles hold an option for Kevin Millar next year. Even if he doesn't make 475 PA and guarantees his option, the Orioles would have to decline his option. No way we get picks for Millar next year.

This thread is downright insulting.

The Orioles have suffered five demoralizing, brutal, heartbreaking, mind-numbing, eighth-inning meltdowns in the last seven games. Each one is like a kick in the gut.

And it makes me absolutely sick to think that somewhere, a supposed "Orioles fan" is cheering and applauding, rooting for this to happen.

If that's the way you're looking at things, go find another hobby. Seriously. Baseball isn't for you.

The Orioles have suffered five demoralizing, brutal, heartbreaking, mind-numbing, eighth-inning meltdowns in the last seven games. Each one is like a kick in the gut.

And it makes me absolutely sick to think that somewhere, a supposed "Orioles fan" is cheering and applauding, rooting for this to happen.

If that's the way you're looking at things, go find another hobby. Seriously. Baseball isn't for you.

No the on-field performance from the bullpen has been insulting.

And as a reporter for a Baltimore sports team, I would think you would be more familiar with the fickle nature of typical Baltimore sports fans. They support winners without a doubt but when things do south they can turn quite easily. Of course in the midst of a decade of losing I'm quite surprised that full scale riots haven't occurred yet....

PaulFolk, meet Gallows Humor. Gallows Humor, this is PaulFolk.

And as a reporter for a Baltimore sports team, I would think you would be more familiar with the fickle nature of typical Baltimore sports fans. They support winners without a doubt but when things do south they can turn quite easily. Of course in the midst of a decade of losing I'm quite surprised that full scale riots haven't occurred yet....

Hey, I understand that people may be less interested in coming to games or less interested in following the team as the losses pile up. But to actively root against your team for a draft pick? To see your team suffer one of the most brutally painful weeks in the history of the franchise, and to be HAPPY about it? It's absurd and inexcusable.

Archived