Anyone else cheering for the O's to lose?

JoeOrsulak

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well when we ultimately do wind up with the worst record in majors, maybe finally drastic changes will come forth in reshaping this morbid franchise. Plus Pedro Alvarez is a nice consolation prize ;)

You know, people keep saying, "If X happens and we finally hit rock bottom, maybe things will change."

Then X happens, and either something doesn't change, or something does but it doesn't work.

Why not just start hoping for POSITIVE changes instead of for negative events that might bring about change that could go either way?

You know, people keep saying, "If X happens and we finally hit rock bottom, maybe things will change."

Then X happens, and either something doesn't change, or something does but it doesn't work.

Why not just start hoping for POSITIVE changes instead of for negative events that might bring about change that could go either way?

I agree w/the general sentiment but I also understand the rock bottom argument as well. In recent years the club has shown enough flashes to convince management that there was a decent core and adding to it might be enough to reverse the fortunes of the team. Maybe, just maybe a last place finish would have convinced Flanagan and Duquette that the previous approach has been a foolish approach.

However, now that MacPhail here I think we have someone who is wise enough to realize that the previous approach has been a foolish approach regardless of where we finish in the standings... I don't think we need to finish in last for him to try and do the right things. I couldn't care less about what our record is over the next several weeks. What I want to see is the youngsters sent out there as often as possible to work through their struggles and hopefully end up having some success to end the year.

I agree w/the general sentiment but I also understand the rock bottom argument as well. In recent years the club has shown enough flashes to convince management that there was a decent core and adding to it might be enough to reverse the fortunes of the team. Maybe, just maybe a last place finish would have convinced Flanagan and Duquette that the previous approach has been a foolish approach.

However, now that MacPhail here I think we have someone who is wise enough to realize that the previous approach has been a foolish approach regardless of where we finish in the standings... I don't think we need to finish in last for him to try and do the right things. I couldn't care less about what our record is over the next several weeks. What I want to see is the youngsters sent out there as often as possible to work through their struggles and hopefully end up having some success to end the year.

Didn't Macphail say something along the lines of not wanting to trade off more players at the trade deadline because the team was playing relatively well at that time?

Or is that my imagination?

Didn't Macphail say something along the lines of not wanting to trade off more players at the trade deadline because the team was playing relatively well at that time?

Or is that my imagination?

I'm not sure. If so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt being new to the organization. If the team that goes to Fort Lauderdale in Feb is not significantly different than the current roster then I'll have a real problem w/the MacPhail regime.

Archived