8/30 - Indians @ Orioles

nevadaO

Even if it's jsut for an out, let him get a standing O.

(But it doesn't look like it now. Just got the handshake from Wieters.)

Nah... calling it a day is the right thing... he's only got so many pitches left this season before they sit him down... save some for the weeks to come...

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope he focuses on improving against lefties in the Winter League, if he goes. That is definitely a weak link in his game. It is hard to justify playing him as the everyday centerfielder and moving Jones to left when he needs to sit against tough lefties and Jones would then have to shift back to center.
Sounds like a good idea to me. Pie in CF against RH SP and Jones in LF. Jones in CF against LH SP and Remiold in LF.

My response was not on your message. Anther poster called it an error and I disagreed. I am not sure what a Beavises is, so I am not going to worry about it. I will leave the Baltimore city thing alone. WOW.

Let's walk through it.

First, sorry, this was not meant to be directed only at you. But at everyone who has started a Pie/Jones thread or continued such a played out and totally irrelevant debate.

Second, Beavises. Plural. See "Beavis and Butthead".

Third, what is your problem with the baltimore thing? I've lived in this city a long time and this city has thrown itself into rooting for Jones. You may not like it because you may think it has racial overtones, but you'd be wrong. He has become a role model for this city's youth (who desperately need a positive role model) and he has embraced that role (which is unusual enough in and of itself). In response, the team has thrown a great deal of marketing and advertisement into fostering the city's relationship with Jones. If you think I am wrong, sit in the Jones fan area in the upper deck of the first base line sometime. They are crazy for him. Add in that Jones is a good player, irrelevant of whether Pie is good, and he is not going anywhere. The team needs his bat, his glove, and his PR...and not in that order.

So again, settle down Beavis (see above if your brow is still furrowed).

Jonesy loves to go fishing for that low slider. It looked like those were all out of the zone...

He needs to look to right field on those pitches. He is trying to pull everything. Very similar to what Luke was doing. He is pulling off trying to hit each one a mile. Look for a few driven the other way, that will signal the end of the slump.

Nah... calling it a day is the right thing... he's only got so many pitches left this season before they sit him down... save some for the weeks to come...

Yeah, I mean I understand the thinking. It is the right decision. It'd just be nice to see him get a thunderous applause.

Sounds likje a good idea to me. Pie in CF against RH SP and Jones in LF. Jones in CF against LH SP and Remiold in LF.

I don't think that is fair to Jones. He shouldn't have to move around like that. Jones should either be the primary CF, or primary LF who plays CF when Pie gets an occasional day off, not against all lefties.

Archived