8/30 - Indians @ Orioles

nevadaO

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to ask, WHY?

I'd have to ask why as well? Unless it's because we are assuming Jones may have an injury. Pie would have caught that ball...after it bounced twice, he has had a few problems this year with the sun as well. I had no problem with Jones play on the triple, he can't position the sun, after all he is not Wieters.

Felix woulda had it.:mwahaha:
I'd have to ask why as well? Unless it's because we are assuming Jones may have an injury. Pie would have caught that ball...after it bounced twice, he has had a few problems this year with the sun as well. I had no problem with Jones play on the triple, he can't position the sun, after all he is not Wieters.

I don't understand why comments like these are necessary - first off, you can't prove it either way, and second off, they're both going to make mistakes here and there. It's ridiculous to use those mistakes, unless they become persistent, as ammunition against the other.

Because he is a better defensive centerfielder. I'll take infield defense for $20 please Alex. That triple by Sizemore is an error. No question about that.

A lot of question about it. That is wrong calling that an error. He went a long way and is looking back into the sun. I agree that Pie covers mre ground but he has a tendency to break the wrong way and is very hesitant on where he is throwing the ball.

Wieters is becoming the king of bloop hits, and that's not a good thing.

Does anyone remember Mauer hitting the ball weakly so often? Don't get me wrong, a hit's a hit, but I'd like to see him try to hit the ball, oh you know, hard.

He was up off the plate. I am not knocking Wiggy, I am an older guy who likes the fact he did not take the fraternity approach but Toregas was not on the plate and a fadeaway slide may have been the better choice. It is a split second decision. What will be interesting to see if he is knocked down on his next AB.

I think what happened was that, when Ty looked over his shoulder, he knew he was gonna get thrown out and decided right then to plow into the C. The C saw this and was bracing himself for the collision, and was actually leaning back from the play, not into the play. So, it was Ty taking a bead on the C that caused the C to not block the plate. IMO, no way Ty could have changed his fullback posture into a slide that late. The only way Ty would've been safe if he could have exploited the C backing up by toeing the plate right before the collision. Theoretically he could have, but it required Ty doing 2 things at once...

Archived