Week 1 Games

Birds of B'more

Is anyone else as fired up as I am? It all starts with a great game this Thursday when Oregon travels to Boise St to play on the smurf turf, where the Broncos seldom lose. Both teams have BCS aspirations and Oregon is looking for revenge after Boise St pulled a big upset in Eugene last season in what was a very physical game. I know the 10:15 ET start might be too late for many of you, but if you're a night owl I believe this one will be worth watching.

Then Saturday we get Georgia/Oklahoma St, BYU/Oklahoma, VTech/Alabama and Maryland/California. I may as well forget about doing anything Saturday that doesn't involve being near a television.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't seem to work out. Although, they did win the handshake line from what I can tell. Yikes! ;)

I'm real curious to see the punishment that comes from that, on both sides. I wouldn't be surprised to see Blount get suspended the full year.

And I agree, I will also be rooting for W&M over UVA this weekend. :)

I'm real curious to see the punishment that comes from that, on both sides. I wouldn't be surprised to see Blount get suspended the full year.

And I agree, I will also be rooting for W&M over UVA this weekend. :)

For a different reason I see. Too bad I can't help you out with your Hokies. Roll Tide!!!

Seems Chip Kelley agrees. Good call on not playing him anymore. Not sure why they didn't just revoke his scholarship, though. I guess the University thought that might have been going too far? At least they give the guy a shot to complete his education.

Running back LeGarrette Blount has been suspended for the rest of the season for his actions Thursday night, ending his career at Oregon.

The suspension would remain in effect through the bowl season, if the Ducks are invited, but Blount will remain in school, on scholarship and in the football program - through any bowl games the Ducks may play in - and will practice and have access to the school's support services.

He just won't be allowed to play in games.

Archived