USC a seven point favorite over OSU?

Sports Guy

He may have said a few more times than most but I don't think it's unusual and I don't think it will have an effect on his Heisman chances if he were to develop in future years into a legitimate candidate. Thanking God is something that Tim Tebow does often in his interviews and I don't think it has negatively impacted the UF SID's ability to sell him, do you? He may not have repeated himself as often but you will usually gets in at least a couple God references in his post game interviews.

Don't count out the regional bias' here when making that comparison. Tebow plays in the SEC, a.k.a. The Bible Belt. Praising God in interviews probably has more of a positive impact among people in that part of the country. On the other hand, people on the west coast, and Californians in particular, tend to be more secular...so many people among USC's fan base may be turned off by so many religious references in an interview about a football game. I know it sounds like I'm stereotyping, but then again, isn't that a big part of what SID's do?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately the media won't. If they run the table in the Big 10 the writers will be pushing to put them in the title game again if there are not two undefeated teams.

I'd be fine with that. I love watching them lose to every elite, non-BIG 10 opponent. It's fun.

Well, I was wrong in prediction that USC would blow out tOSU, but this game made me realize that USC was far more mediocre than I previously thought.

I don't think that's fair. As good as he looked on that game-winning drive (and as we now know he was hurt at the time), Matt Barkley was still a true freshman QB playing in a hostile environment. I think you can chalk that up as to why the Trojans didn't score more. I was a little disappointed in USC's O-line...they were highly regarded coming into the season and didn't look particularly good on this night. But their defense was as good as advertised....they only allowed 1 TD and that was helped by one big pass play to the TE. Other than that they didn't give Ohio St much of anything.

If USC can win at Cal on Oct 3, then they should go undefeated, which should be good enough to get them into the NC game. Of course, we say that every year about USC after they win a huge early game...and then they choke to the likes of Oregon St, UCLA or Stanford. :P

I don't think that's fair. As good as he looked on that game-winning drive (and as we now know he was hurt at the time)' date=' Matt Barkley was still a true freshman QB playing in a hostile environment. I think you can chalk that up as to why the Trojans didn't score more. I was a little disappointed in USC's O-line...they were highly regarded coming into the season and didn't look particularly good on this night. But their defense was as good as advertised....they only allowed 1 TD and that was helped by one big pass play to the TE. Other than that they didn't give Ohio St much of anything.

If USC can win at Cal on Oct 3, then they should go undefeated, which should be good enough to get them into the NC game. Of course, we say that every year about USC after they win a huge early game...and then they choke to the likes of Oregon St, UCLA or Stanford. :P[/quote']

I wish teams could transfer to another conference for just a year, so we could see. I'd love to see how they'd do in the SEC, and how some SEC teams would do in the Big Ten, and etc., etc.

Archived