2010 Draft Position Race

This is the Teixeira-fiasco all over again. I really hope the Pirates win today, and the O's lose. This is ridiculous, there is no benefit of this past three game winning streak when all of our young pitchers are on the shelf. I don't care if guys like Waters or Hendrickson pick up wins.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quit your whining, seriously.

Is the potential of possibly not being able to draft Taillon and having to "settle" for AJ Cole going to cause you to lose that much sleep?

It's my post and i'll whine if I want to.

When the O's start to look like they will even begin to put together a winning season then i'll stop whining. SERIOUSLY.

All I'm saying is that if guys like Roberts and Markakis and Wieters are going to fight their guts out trying to win games for the team that you and I love, then so be it. They could care less about the difference between the #2 and #3 pick, and if they play hard to represent the fans, the city, and most importantly themselves, and they happen to win, then more power to them. I'm not going to fault them for not folding the final 4 games, and to say that they "screwed up" is just flat out wrong.

I have no idea how Taillon suddenly became the consensus #2 pick. This is the only place where that seems to be the case.

Really? What have you seen as the consensus #2 pick? Right now, I havent seen any places like BA or BP say who they think will be the #2 pick. Based off of reports and info on every 2010 draftee, Taillon looks to be elite. And the only other elite upcoming draftee is Harper, so that to me makes him my number 2 pick and msot definitely the best HS pick. Comparing him to Cole, the presumed 2nd best HS pick, there isnt much comparison, Taillon has the bigger body, the better arsenal and stuff. Hes the complete package as many have referred to him as. And comparing him to the best collegiate picks like Ranaudo, Taillon takes the cake there to, atleast for me. I mean Taillon already has a fastball and curveball that are atleast as good as what Ranaudo offers now, and they are at a 3 year age difference. By the time Taillon is 21, he may very well have a 4 pitch "Matusz arsenal" with a much better fastball. I just at this point IMHO dont see many others really comparing to Taillon....But then again this is just my opinion.

One guy who I really like who doesnt seem to get much mention here is Nick Castellanos. Hes IMO the top HS 3B prospect and I at this point may ink him as the 2nd best HS prospect.....

I have no idea how Taillon suddenly became the consensus #2 pick. This is the only place where that seems to be the case.

From today's ESPN chat with Jim Callis of Baseball America :

Mike (Rutland, VT)

Jim,I know that is way early, but if you were running the Pirates, who would you be looking at with the 2nd pick in next year's draft given the current state of their farm system?

Jim Callis (2:33 PM)

Best available player. Their farm system has gotten deeper under the Neil Huntington regime, however. The No. 2 prospect at this point looks like Jameson Taillon to me. The Pirates may prefer not to go the HS pitcher route, though, so that could lead them to someone like LSU's Anthony Ranaudo.

Archived