UF vs. Tenn

dorfmac

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both games should have been blowouts, and both games were played terribly by the favorites. In one situation, the underdog did fantastic and pulled off the upset. In the other, the underdog played poorly, and in turn lost.

Just goes to show you even the two best teams in the country need a little luck to survive the season.

I just wish we could have a good idea of how good UF is. I find it disappointing that Foley and Meyer aren't willing to test themselves out of conference. Their schedule is extremly favorable with only the LSU game being one that should be a challenge.

True, but QB play is going to be uneven at best for them until MB gets some experience and without good QB play they probably were not the 3rd best team in the nation.

Well it's hard to say how good MB is at this point, but I'm pretty sure USC wins this game with him in there. Corp was just dreadful.

Well it's hard to say how good MB is at this point, but I'm pretty sure USC wins this game with him in there. Corp was just dreadful.

Not to sugarcoat Corp's poor performance, but don't discount the great game UW's defense played. After allowing USC 10 points on their first 2 drives of the game, they only allowed a FG from there on. Gotta tip your hat to the Huskies.

Not to sugarcoat Corp's poor performance' date=' but don't discount the great game UW's defense played. After allowing USC 10 points on their first 2 drives of the game, they only allowed a FG from there on. Gotta tip your hat to the Huskies.[/quote']

Sure, but I think it was more Corp than UW's defense.

So, how can a team like USC find itself with just a freshman QB and a lousy #2? How does that happen? If it was East Jeebus State, I could see it. But USC?

ps: The #2 guy might have a whole lot to do with why the brand new freshman is the starting QB.

Archived