What would it take for Greivis to get his jersey in the rafters?

O'sFanThruJune

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont think there is any doubt now that Vasquez gets his jersey retired, especially now........

Vasquez is the only player in ACC history to record 2000+ points, 700+ Assists and 600+ Rebounds.

That's impressive but... those kind of numbers don't mean nearly as much as they used to. The top players leave school for the NBA before they can accumulate those numbers, and the oldschool players had only 3 years of eligibility. I will say that Grevis has really stepped up his efficiency after a mediocre start to the season and now really is the player that his biggest fans said he was.

That's impressive but... those kind of numbers don't mean nearly as much as they used to. The top players leave school for the NBA before they can accumulate those numbers, and the oldschool players had only 3 years of eligibility. I will say that Grevis has really stepped up his efficiency after a mediocre start to the season and now really is the player that his biggest fans said he was.

I agree with you, but in Marylands case, if Blake's jersey is up, Vasquez' will be up as well

2000/700/600 = lock for the rafters.

I'll say this, as frustrating as GV has been over the years, he's always had passion. This year, balancing that passion against more discipline, he's been pretty remarkable.

His passes on the break are something to behold. Gatlin-esque. And I don't use that lightly.

I look at his shooting percentage, assist to turnover ratio, poor shot selection and average defense and see a player who is overrated. That being said, he's still the only consistent threat we've had for the last two years, and the numbers speak for themselves. He's got a good shot at getting up into the rafters.

I look at his shooting percentage, assist to turnover ratio, poor shot selection and average defense and see a player who is overrated. That being said, he's still the only consistent threat we've had for the last two years, and the numbers speak for themselves. He's got a good shot at getting up into the rafters.

This year? For a shooting guard?

Clearly not true. Over 44% FG and nearly 40% 3PT, 82% from the line, and an A/TO of 1.87?

I agree that his shooting has been erratic in the past. And his decision-making. This year, he's the difference between a 19-7 team and a 14-12 team, though. At a minimum.

Archived