2010 Norfolk and Bowie Rosters

jjb

It seems to me that the AAA and AA are pretty much already set. I'm sure they'll be a couple Minor League Free Agents signed for some additional depth, but as of now, this is how I see the rosters shaping up. Does anyone envision anything much different than this? Do you think we need more depth than what we have to support the big club or are you content to go forward with this?

Norfolk

1B Snyder

2B Turner

SS Davis

3b Bell

C Mi. Hernandez

OF Montanez

OF S. Moore

OF D. Figueroa(?)

DH Rhyne Hughes

Bench: M. Abreu, P. Figueroa, Tatum, Tucker(?)

SP Berken and/or D. Hernandez depending on who/if the O's acquire a starter

SP Patton

SP Arrieta

SP Erbe

SP Lambert

SP C. George

SP Simon(DL)

RP Gabino

RP Gamboa

RP Perrault

RP Jim Miller

RP Hoey(?)

RP Hinckley

RP A. Castillo(?)

RP W. Perez(?)

Bowie

1B Widlansky

2B Adams

SS Florimon

3B Waring

C Joseph

OF Angle

OF Henson

OF Tucker/D. Figueroa(?)

OF Nowicki

DH Rowell

Bench: J. White, Donachie, Costanzo(?), Crancer(?)

SP S. Johnson (Assuming we get him back)

SP Britton

SP Beato

SP Tanaka

SP Spoone(?)

RP Lebron

RP Oellete

RP Bascom

RP Mariotti

RP Egan

RP Z. Clark

RP B. Parker

RP Thall

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's an intriguing rotation at Norfolk, and I would figure Johnson starts there as well if he doesn't get picked up in the Rule Five draft.

I also think that one or two of Snyder, Hughes, Arrieta, and Wilfrido Perez night go north with the O's.

Since right now it doesn't look like Norfolk will be hurting for bodies to fill the rotation, I'd say it's to say that Steve Johnson will start the year in Bowie. He only has 48.2 innings over 9 starts to his credit at the Double-A level.

Wilfredo Perez is hard to figure since he'll be coming off injury. I guess anything is possible with him. I would expect him to start somewhere in the minors, though.

Bowie

SP S. Johnson

SP Britton

SP Beato

SP Tanaka

SP Spoone(?)

RP Lebron

RP Oellete

RP Bascom

RP Mariotti

RP Egan

RP Z. Clark

RP B. Parker

RP Thall

I hope that Chad Thall starts in Norfolk. He pitched 22.1 innings in Bowie to close out 2008 and spend all of 2009 there, too (60.1 IP). Considering he also pitched very well, I would expect him to start in Norfolk and be a possible 2010 callup (if the 40 man roster cooperates). Hopefully we don't lose him in the Rule V draft. Isn't he unprotected? I think he could end up being a solid piece of our bullpen.

I hope that Chad Thall starts in Norfolk. He pitched 22.1 innings in Bowie to close out 2008 and spend all of 2009 there, too (60.1 IP). Considering he also pitched very well, I would expect him to start in Norfolk and be a possible 2010 callup (if the 40 man roster cooperates). Hopefully we don't lose him in the Rule V draft. Isn't he unprotected? I think he could end up being a solid piece of our bullpen.

Thall was left unprotected. He is eligible to be selected in the Rule 5 draft.

Since right now it doesn't look like Norfolk will be hurting for bodies to fill the rotation, I'd say it's to say that Steve Johnson will start the year in Bowie. He only has 48.2 innings over 9 starts to his credit at the Double-A level.

Wilfredo Perez is hard to figure since he'll be coming off injury. I guess anything is possible with him. I would expect him to start somewhere in the minors, though.

I thought that Perez would be called up last year before he got hurt, but that was when the bullpen was under pressure.

You are correct re: Johnson. In fact, he only has 135 IP between High A and AA. Good call.

From what you have listed, Chris George, Adam Donachie, and Chris Waters are all free agents and may not be back next year.

Ross Wolf was resigned so you could include him at Norfolk most likely.

I saw in another thread that someone spoke with Donachie and he says he's resigning with the O's. I believe George was a resign too. I'm pretty sure that was listed in a recent BaseballAmerica. com Minor Legue transaction. And I thought I read that Waters accepted his assignment to Norfolk. Sorry I don't have links for all of that.

Is Hoey still under contract? It looks like he should be a 6-year free agent but he wasn't listed as such.

I saw in another thread that someone spoke with Donachie and he says he's resigning with the O's. I believe George was a resign too. I'm pretty sure that was listed in a recent BaseballAmerica. com Minor Legue transaction. And I thought I read that Waters accepted his assignment to Norfolk. Sorry I don't have links for all of that.

Is Hoey still under contract? It looks like he should be a 6-year free agent but he wasn't listed as such.

That is cool about Donachie. I havent seen George listed yet. Waters should be a minor league free agent.

Hoey isn't a minor league free agent. First, he missed all of 2008. Second, he only had 22 IP in 2 years (2004+2005) so he shouldnt be eligible to be a free agent for another season or two.

I think Thall has a good shot to start at Norfolk too. He's had good numbers all the way up through the system. I guess it depends on if we sign anymore bullpen arms and what kind of crunch there is after Spring training.

That is cool about Donachie. I havent seen George listed yet. Waters should be a minor league free agent.

Hoey isn't a minor league free agent. First, he missed all of 2008. Second, he only had 22 IP in 2 years (2004+2005) so he shouldnt be eligible to be a free agent for another season or two.

Here's the link about George:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=7109#more-7109

Rotoworld says Waters cleared waivers and was outrighted to Norfolk, so I suppose he might still decide to become a free agent.

By the way, thanks for all the good info. you post to the minors board and keeping everybody straight on waiver claims, options, Rule 5 stipulations, and the like. It really helps to have a source who knows how all that stuff works.

Here's the link about George:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=7109#more-7109

Rotoworld says Waters cleared waivers and was outrighted to Norfolk, so I suppose he might still decide to become a free agent.

By the way, thanks for all the good info. you post to the minors board and keeping everybody straight on waiver claims, options, Rule 5 stipulations, and the like. It really helps to have a source who knows how all that stuff works.

Your welcome.

I also appreciate you keeping me up to date in this thread about Donachie and Waters. I have been so busy with life I havent been able to keep the main thread up-dated.

Archived