Delgado was at Ruth SteakHouse tonight!!

Dundalk Luvs Os

Palmeiro's dinner with Pete, at least, was at Sabatino's, FWIW:D

and Brady's renogoc was at Boccaccio. I was bartending at Velleggia's when he signed Grover. So let's just say he used the entire neighborhood. hehe. One thing we are sure we'll never see, Boras and Uncle Pete at Chips!

:laughlol:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH GOD!!! I was at work when this broke! I can't go back and read this whole thread! There's not enough time!!!

I need details. Questions answered. Was MacPhail there? Was there, in fact, a wine served? Did Delgado have dinner? Did anyone make "wine and dine" jokes yet?

I NEED TO KNOW!!!

If you're going to get him, get him in early and let him work with Crowley as much as possible before the season starts. Either way, if it was, in fact, Delgado, it can only be a good thing.

If Delgado is healthy, even if he misses April, he won't need Crow. :P He will hit.

I get the feeling that he's simply not quite healed yet but on his way. Just bad timing by a month or two. It would be a good, agressive move by AM to be the first one to take the risk.

Someone posted earlier about Black Swans, there being two types. This is low risk/high reward. This is the good swan. :)

Delgado has had his hip flare up twice in three years...last year he was down for all but 28 games. His body is clearly breaking down.Im not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but you can see this is NOT a good situation for a multi year deal..at any cost.

Multi year is not even a consideration as I see it. If the whole premise of this thread is true, AM is looking to get in early and at pennies on the dollar. If we sign Carlos, it will be a favorable deal in every aspect from our POV. In AM we trust.

I'd get rid of the National Anthem too. It only became tradition during WW II and then with the Cold War. People go to the ballpark to drink beer, eat hot dogs and watch baseball. Nobody cares about troops engaged in wars of imperial aggression around the globe. Next.

Are you Serious? Come on buddy, this is an EXTREMELY disrespectful and downright ignorant comment to make to the non-military serving American much less to anyone who has served, is serving, or has loss someone in the line of duty. You may want to rethink your comments next time before posting. I cannot believe any TRUE and LOYAL American would type in such CRAP.

Delgado has had his hip flare up twice in three years...last year he was down for all but 28 games. His body is clearly breaking down.Im not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but you can see this is NOT a good situation for a multi year deal..at any cost.

I agree w/ you Roy. However, I don't think I would even offer Delgado a one year deal. You said it, he is way to injury prone and if I am going to take AB's away from a younger player or someone else we may be able to sign, its not going to be for a player that may only play half the games. I would rather sign someone else or give one of our young guys an opportunity to win the job in camp. I would have loved to sign Derosa once his salary demands went down (which they did). I would have played him at 3rd and put Atkins at 1st. Than if one of our young guys were deemed ready, we just wouldnt pick up the option on Atkins for next season and we could use Derosa as a super utility guy. The guy can play just about anywhere. Oh Well, anyway, I guess thats not an option anymore that he signed elsewhere:( But, thats what I would have done....

Are you Serious? Come on buddy, this is an EXTREMELY disrespectful and downright ignorant comment to make to the non-military serving American much less to anyone who has served, is serving, or has loss someone in the line of duty. You may want to rethink your comments next time before posting. I cannot believe any TRUE and LOYAL American would type in such CRAP.

No kidding right. People act like we are the only country to sign the National Anthem before sporting events!

He is worth a one year incentive laden deal imo. You dont know that his body is breaking down, especially when he is doing to DH more times than not. Its worth the gamble. what do we have to lose. If he gets hurt, you place him on the 60 , take the roster spot for someone else and cut your losses.

I have a quick word association with Peter Angelos:

I say: Power Hitter with Hip injury.

Angelos: Starts a uncontrollable twitch and swearing as picture of Albert "Joey" Belle pops into his head.

Dinner was over at that point in time! Maybe that is why they took a vegetarian to a steak house? No point in wasting a true wine and dine experience, or is it just that AM is still figuring out how to do a wine and dine experience? Maybe this was a trial run for some future big name star?;)

Archived