Delgado was at Ruth SteakHouse tonight!!

Dundalk Luvs Os

I find the playing of God Bless America in the 7th inning stretch to be insulting to my intelligence. I'm an American and I love my country. I'm glad to recognize our National Anthem before the game as it is a chance to show respect for the sacrifice that so many have given and are giving to protect our way of life and our core beliefs. But the second time around is so arbitrary and forced patriotism it makes me sick. Imagine going to the theatre and having two political anthems played, one before the play and one at intermission. We're accustomed to it in baseball so it doesn't seem so bizarre, but it really is. So when I heard Delgado was blowing off God Bless America, I couldn't have cared less. He's not even American! How pompous is it for us to be insulted that a foreign player doesn't choose to honor two daily doses of our country's self recognition. If a player won't honor our National Anthem, for all they are profiting and the opportunity they are getting from our country, I say deport the bum...NOW. Second time around, he can sit in the dugout and scratch himself.....I could care less.

Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens, have been since 1917.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the record, if the O's are satisfied he's healthy, I'd love to have Delgado.

I have to second this. He was an MVP candidate when people left him for dead a few seasons ago. Sure he was hurt, but if it wasn't a bad injury (I honestly don't know what it was... sorry), it gave him an opportunity to rest for a year.

If you're going to get him, get him in early and let him work with Crowley as much as possible before the season starts. Either way, if it was, in fact, Delgado, it can only be a good thing.

I just do not believe that anyone,even A.M. will talk Angelos in to signing a aging power hitter with a bad hip.

No way this happens.

Unless Delgado passes a physical.

hmmmmmm.. Did not Angelos sign an "aging" power hitter in the late 90's that ended up having a career ending hip injury.. *cough* Albert Belle *cough*

Ironic, eh? :laughlol:

Totally bogus. Everyone knows Andy don't know how to wine and dine. Back in the day, not long ago, when Angelos was in charge of the wining and dining, it was either at the Oregon Grille in Hunt Valley or at Sabatino's in Little Italy.

Correction, Boccaccio's

Archived