Delgado was at Ruth SteakHouse tonight!!

Dundalk Luvs Os

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indeed. If you want to go all nouvaeu riche there is Charleston and Chingale.

Meli is also fantastic.

I haven't done Meli or Chingale, but I've done Flemings and Ruth's Chris on Water Street. Maybe I caught them on good/bad days, but Ruth's Chris blew every place else I've had a steak out of the water. It wasn't even close. All 3 times it's been the greatest steak ever.

I see what you were doing there and respect you for encouraging us to patronize local establishments, though. ;)

Add Fleming's and Roy's to that list also, all Outback concepts.

the best places to go to are independent and local. The smaller, more focused the menu the better.

Looking for a nice night out, upstairs at Slainte - good moderately priced menu of fancier pub-fair. The upstairs is nice and classy and window seats gove good views.

Fancy dinner? Meli. From the people that brought you Kali's Court, Meli is a great new-French place with a focus on fresh and outstanding. Martinis and fresh desert abounds. the Meli-tini is good enough to make any trip worth it. Costly, but not the OMG Ruth's Chris levels.

Great neighborhood bar? Fraziers on the Avenue - that is W36th street county folk not that pre-packaged "pretend" city in White Marsh. Wednesdays mean half-price entrees on a rotating basis. The food should NOT be this good, but it is. And it is cheap. The bartenders are great, 7-o'clock mean jeopardy and the Orioles are always on.

These are the best places in town to me.

Totally bogus. Everyone knows Andy don't know how to wine and dine. Back in the day, not long ago, when Angelos was in charge of the wining and dining, it was either at the Oregon Grille in Hunt Valley or at Sabatino's in Little Italy.

I know he did the Oregon Grille (Tejada, Guerrero maybe?), and I know he goes to Sab's a lot, but I didn't know he W&D'd there.

From Myers Meat Market in Hanover, PA to my freakin' grill, baby.

Scorpio- I think I'm the only other one in this message board that knows exactly where that is. I grew up in Hanover, and was just back for the holidays. I'm a Mustang, class of 98. Who knew reading about a dubious Delgado dinner would connect two Hanover-ites?

Delgado has had his hip flare up twice in three years...last year he was down for all but 28 games. His body is clearly breaking down.Im not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but you can see this is NOT a good situation for a multi year deal..at any cost.

At most we're talking one year with an option.

As to the idea that Delgado's body is "clearly breaking down," let the doctors decide that. Other than last year, Delgado has had almost nothing by way of serious injuries in his career. In his 30's he has played 143, 161, 128, 144, 144, 139 and 159 games up until last season. And he was hitting just fine last year when he was playing -- .298/.393/.521. So, even with his injury, he was hitting. Where's the evidence that his body is breaking down, other than this hip issue, which either has been surgically corrected or not and undoubtedly will be the subject of a medical review?

Scorpio- I think I'm the only other one in this message board that knows exactly where that is. I grew up in Hanover, and was just back for the holidays. I'm a Mustang, class of 98. Who knew reading about a dubious Delgado dinner would connect two Hanover-ites?

Make that 3 Hanoverians. SW class of 88. Myers Meat Market is great. Try the pepper and onion sausage.

There are a few that know of the greatness of Myers', actually. We've got a handful of northerners around here.

There's nothing better than getting a big, ridiculously thick NY strip, putting life aside for 45 minutes and just destroying it.

Archived