ACC Discussion Thread

YardBirds13

Yes, Dexter Strickland, but he's a Freshman. It's a learning thing with Drew, he'll get better, or we won't make the tournament. It is what it is.

If it's a "learning thing", why not go with Strickland? I mean...he has to be better, doesn't he? Let the guy with more upside learn.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it's a "learning thing", why not go with Strickland? I mean...he has to be better, doesn't he? Let the guy with more upside learn.

I don't know if he has the bigger upside really. We have to see what Drew can do. Eddie Davis is out tomorrow night against Wake, so now that's probably a loss too. If the season gets away from us quickly, I'm sure Strickland will get a start or two.

I feel bad for Drew, coming off of Lawson and Felton, man, that's rough. He didn't get any time last year. When Tywon got hurt, we had Bobby Frasor, who was a pretty good backup running things. Looking back, Drew should have had more minutes, but we did win the National Championship. Hopefully he'll get better.

I don't know if he has the bigger upside really. We have to see what Drew can do. Eddie Davis is out tomorrow night against Wake, so now that's probably a loss too. If the season gets away from us quickly, I'm sure Strickland will get a start or two.

I feel bad for Drew, coming off of Lawson and Felton, man, that's rough. He didn't get any time last year. When Tywon got hurt, we had Bobby Frasor, who was a pretty good backup running things. Looking back, Drew should have had more minutes, but we did win the National Championship. Hopefully he'll get better.

I’m sorry, but I can’t go with “should have” with a team that pretty much ran through the entire NCAA Tourney. I’ll take a year like this (from the team, and from Drew) if it means we won it all last year.

I really just don’t see how Drew can be better, at this point. Strickland seems to be faster and a little more decisive with the ball. Problem is that he just looks like he gets a little out of control. He turns that down a notch, he should be fine. Then again, people must know better than I do, because Drew keeps getting starts.

I really hope I’m wrong, and Drew rocks a 15-point, 11-assist, 2-turnover night tomorrow…but I’m not holding my breath at all. This is going to be a loooong season. I’ll take 10-6 in the ACC at this point, and that’s asking for a bit.

I’m sorry, but I can’t go with “should have” with a team that pretty much ran through the entire NCAA Tourney. I’ll take a year like this (from the team, and from Drew) if it means we won it all last year.

I really just don’t see how Drew can be better, at this point. Strickland seems to be faster and a little more decisive with the ball. Problem is that he just looks like he gets a little out of control. He turns that down a notch, he should be fine. Then again, people must know better than I do, because Drew keeps getting starts.

I really hope I’m wrong, and Drew rocks a 15-point, 11-assist, 2-turnover night tomorrow…but I’m not holding my breath at all. This is going to be a loooong season. I’ll take 10-6 in the ACC at this point, and that’s asking for a bit.

I agree, I'm just saying that in blowout games, maybe Drew could have seen a few more minutes of action, that's all. Knowing Ty would leave and Bobby was finally out of eligibility, LDII should have gotten more time. Coach Smith was the master of looking ahead and giving guys minutes...

But yes, I'd happily win 2 titles in 5 years and accept a rough one once in a Carolina blue moon.

Is this supposed to be a feather in the cap of UVA? :D

With the way this program has been recently, yes, I'll take every win we can get.

The main point was normally that's a game UVa teams lose. Trap type game, scrappy team gets hot from 3 and takes the lead...we don't usually rally back and win those types of games.

I know we still really aren't that good, but I'll definitely be intrigued by how they do at Wake this weekend. And Landesberg is making a pretty good case to be First Team All-ACC.

I agree, I'm just saying that in blowout games, maybe Drew could have seen a few more minutes of action, that's all. Knowing Ty would leave and Bobby was finally out of eligibility, LDII should have gotten more time. Coach Smith was the master of looking ahead and giving guys minutes...

But yes, I'd happily win 2 titles in 5 years and accept a rough one once in a Carolina blue moon.

No offense to you of course bean, or your Tar Heel brether, but screw that. A rough year? Come on. This is in no way a rough year. You've already beaten two of the best 15 or so teams in the country and have more talent on your roster than almost anyone in the country.

You guys had bad years in the Doherty years. This is not that.

No offense to you of course bean, or your Tar Heel brether, but screw that. A rough year? Come on. This is in no way a rough year. You've already beaten two of the best 15 or so teams in the country and have more talent on your roster than almost anyone in the country.

You guys had bad years in the Doherty years. This is not that.

We beat Michigan State and Ohio State in December, but have clearly regressed since then. The losses to Clemson and GT were bad losses. Those are both good teams,but we were embarrassed at Clemson and were outplayed at home against Tech.

Doherty brought in May/Felton/McCants and Jawad Williams, all NBA players..I don't see 4 NBA guys on this roster.

This is a rebuilding year, rough was too harsh, you're right.

We beat Michigan State and Ohio State in December, but have clearly regressed since then. The losses to Clemson and GT were bad losses. Those are both good teams,but we were embarrassed at Clemson and were outplayed at home against Tech.

Doherty brought in May/Felton/McCants and Jawad Williams, all NBA players..I don't see 4 NBA guys on this roster.

This is a rebuilding year, rough was too harsh, you're right.

Yeah, rebuilding is fine. And maybe there aren't 4 NBA guys on this roster, but I think most teams would love to have a Top-5 NBA Draft Pick as well as a ton of other MCD's All-Americans. My point is just, hey, things could be worse. And it wasn't THAT long ago that they were much worse right there in Chapel Hill. And I still see some talent in Drew. Maybe I'm an optimist but I still think he turns into a good ACC player.

BTW, have you caught Evan Turner since he has come back from his back injury? How amazing is it that this kid is right back where he was before he BROKE HIS FREAKING BACK!! Unreal. With his story, and his nickname (His teammate Mark Titus writes a blog that is unbelievably hilarious and well done, about life as a bench warmer in D-1 Hoops, great, great stuff, and gave him his nickname...www.clubtrillion.blogspot.com) I've found myself rooting a bit for OSU in the Big Ten, also since they are the only team I can stomach to watch.

Yeah, rebuilding is fine. And maybe there aren't 4 NBA guys on this roster, but I think most teams would love to have a Top-5 NBA Draft Pick as well as a ton of other MCD's All-Americans. My point is just, hey, things could be worse. And it wasn't THAT long ago that they were much worse right there in Chapel Hill. And I still see some talent in Drew. Maybe I'm an optimist but I still think he turns into a good ACC player.

BTW, have you caught Evan Turner since he has come back from his back injury? How amazing is it that this kid is right back where he was before he BROKE HIS FREAKING BACK!! Unreal. With his story, and his nickname (His teammate Mark Titus writes a blog that is unbelievably hilarious and well done, about life as a bench warmer in D-1 Hoops, great, great stuff, and gave him his nickname...www.clubtrillion.blogspot.com) I've found myself rooting a bit for OSU in the Big Ten, also since they are the only team I can stomach to watch.

I don't think Davis is a top 5 next year, but would be if he stayed...Favors has a better NBA body than him right now, although Davis had all the skills, no question. I'm not ready to give up on Drew either, and I have to remain patient..He's basically a freshman.

Turner is the second best player in the country right now, I love watching him play. I'll check out that link now..thanks.

I don't think Davis is a top 5 next year, but would be if he stayed...Favors has a better NBA body than him right now, although Davis had all the skills, no question. I'm not ready to give up on Drew either, and I have to remain patient..He's basically a freshman.

Turner is the second best player in the country right now, I love watching him play. I'll check out that link now..thanks.

Obviously depending on how he plays down the stretch, but he is in that Top 5 discussion, definitely Top 10.

Wall, Turner, Wesley Johnson, Favors...who are the guys I'm forgetting that are in that Top 10 discussion? Aminu?

And yeah, Turner is great, I just can't get over how quickly he got back to top form. That injury was scary when it happened.

The Club Trillion blog is hilarious. My brother pointed it out to me, and I check it every now and then for updates. Just cool to see someone making fun of themself and know their role.

Obviously depending on how he plays down the stretch, but he is in that Top 5 discussion, definitely Top 10.

Wall, Turner, Wesley Johnson, Favors...who are the guys I'm forgetting that are in that Top 10 discussion? Aminu?

And yeah, Turner is great, I just can't get over how quickly he got back to top form. That injury was scary when it happened.

The Club Trillion blog is hilarious. My brother pointed it out to me, and I check it every now and then for updates. Just cool to see someone making fun of themself and know their role.

I think the Bledsoe kid on Kentucky is terrific as well..Calipari will find a way to blow it, so I'm not sure who will win it all, but they should.

I laughed a lot, that blog was great. 2 million hits also, crazy!

I think the Bledsoe kid on Kentucky is terrific as well..Calipari will find a way to blow it, so I'm not sure who will win it all, but they should.

I laughed a lot, that blog was great. 2 million hits also, crazy!

Agreed, I thought Bledsoe has been awesome and overshadowed by Wall some and Patterson/Cousins are both great down low. They ought to walk through the SEC.

If you can find it on there, read the post about getting stuck in an elevator in a hotel on a road trip last season. It is one of the funniest things I've ever read in my entire life. The explanation of Turner's nickname is great too.

Agreed, I thought Bledsoe has been awesome and overshadowed by Wall some and Patterson/Cousins are both great down low. They ought to walk through the SEC.

If you can find it on there, read the post about getting stuck in an elevator in a hotel on a road trip last season. It is one of the funniest things I've ever read in my entire life. The explanation of Turner's nickname is great too.

Bledsoe is great, i really like watching that backcourt..Calipari just makes me vomit..how about Dick Vitale last week at Florida talking about Mark McGwire cheating the game and being a disgrace, and three seconds later praising Calipari..Really?

I'll check it out, thanks.

Bledsoe is great, i really like watching that backcourt..Calipari just makes me vomit..how about Dick Vitale last week at Florida talking about Mark McGwire cheating the game and being a disgrace, and three seconds later praising Calipari..Really?

I'll check it out, thanks.

Yeah, Dickie V is my boy, I love him, think he is great for college hoops with all the energy he brings and all the great things he does for the game (not to mention he is the exact same off camera as on, and a great guy)...but yeah, that was embarrassing. Stick to hoops, Dick.

I'm already dreading he and Mike Patrick together though. I can't stand Mike Patrick. Unbearable for me. He was doing the GT-Clemson game tonight (full circle back to the ACC!) and was just god awful.

Archived