ACC Discussion Thread

YardBirds13

What? You must not have watched any of their games...This is an extremely uneducated comment.

Beaner and Yardbirds..you are overrating MD IMO.

Yea I didn't look at their schedule before I said that. They have a few solid wins although I don't think UConn or Gonzaga are GREAT teams.

Like I said, I'd pick them to win the ACC but I don't believe they've separated themselves yet and if they don't win it I won't be shocked. I mean, they did lose to a team that MD just whipped up and down the floor.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm standing by my Maryland pick until i see more from other teams...

Another question, obviously Glen Rice Jr is Glen Rice's kid, but is Brian Oliver ex GT SG guard Brian Oliver's kid...Remember lethal weapon 3 at Georgia Tech in the 88-'91 era? Kenny Anderson, Brian Oliver and Dennis Scott. Sorry if I'm dating myself here, but wanted to know if anyone knew if that was Oliver's kid.

Yea I didn't look at their schedule before I said that. They have a few solid wins although I don't think UConn or Gonzaga are GREAT teams.

Like I said, I'd pick them to win the ACC but I don't believe they've separated themselves yet and if they don't win it I won't be shocked. I mean, they did lose to a team that MD just whipped up and down the floor.

Yea, because that is relevant.

They also beat UConn who also just beat Texas...So, I guess that means Duke is #1, right? :rolleyes:

I'm standing by my Maryland pick until i see more from other teams...

Another question, obviously Glen Rice Jr is Glen Rice's kid, but is Brian Oliver ex GT SG guard Brian Oliver's kid...Remember lethal weapon 3 at Georgia Tech in the 88-'91 era? Kenny Anderson, Brian Oliver and Dennis Scott. Sorry if I'm dating myself here, but wanted to know if anyone knew if that was Oliver's kid.

No relation...

Thanks Doc. Just weird to see another Brian Oliver playing at Georgia Tech.

Yeah, it is a little curious. But, I was too busy wondering why Glenn Rice's son doesn't look anything like Glenn Rice...me thinks Mrs. Rice has some 'splainin to do.;)

Not in the context you used it.

I was simply giving an example as to how dook hasn't look all that great. I conceded that they have some solid wins but losing to NC State like that is a blemish on their resume. I wasn't implying MD was better than dook, I probably could have worded that better, I threw the part about MD in there to accentuate the fact that I believe nobody has the conference locked up yet.

BTW, I also am not writing off UNC.

I was simply giving an example as to how dook hasn't look all that great. I conceded that they have some solid wins but losing to NC State like that is a blemish on their resume. I wasn't implying MD was better than dook, I probably could have worded that better, I threw the part about MD in there to accentuate the fact that I believe nobody has the conference locked up yet.

BTW, I also am not writing off UNC.

Guard play is so important, and right now, Larry Drew is just not doing the job at all. Hopefully he improves quickly, or we're looking at the NIT.

Weird fact: 3 teams in the ACC have either 1 loss or 1 win in conference.

Maryland and Virginia have one loss: each to Wake Forest

Miami has one win: against Wake Forest

My head just exploded!

Nice win by Duke tonight, they keep playing better and better. Definitely still the best team in the conference. As a UVA fan, really excited we don't have to go to Cameron this year. They come to the JPJ, and while they are better than UVA, it's certainly a winnable game at home (see: Duke at NCST).

HUUUUUUUUUUUGE game tomorrow night for UVA against VT. If they hold serve at home, they get to 4-1, and the game Sunday at UNC is almost like a freebie game. Don't expect to win, don't even REALLY need it, but a win vaults the Hoos into instant NCAA bubble status. A loss at home to VT on Thursday....ouch.

My head just exploded!

Nice win by Duke tonight, they keep playing better and better. Definitely still the best team in the conference. As a UVA fan, really excited we don't have to go to Cameron this year. They come to the JPJ, and while they are better than UVA, it's certainly a winnable game at home (see: Duke at NCST).

HUUUUUUUUUUUGE game tomorrow night for UVA against VT. If they hold serve at home, they get to 4-1, and the game Sunday at UNC is almost like a freebie game. Don't expect to win, don't even REALLY need it, but a win vaults the Hoos into instant NCAA bubble status. A loss at home to VT on Thursday....ouch.

I am a huge UVA fan too. I am glad to see another one on here. I am about to leave for the Tech game. You are right this is a huge game for us after a tough loss to Wake. This is a must win if we want to be considered for the NCAA and to prove that GT win wasn't a fluke. I haven't been impressed with Tech this year and I think we are definelty more deep and player together as a team more than them, so I know we can beat them. I am just worried about our morale after that loss

Archived