ACC Discussion Thread

YardBirds13

Bad loss for Duke the other night....Going to Clemson tonight isn't going to be easy...needed to get that NC State win.

State played well and made Duke's defense look poor, which hasn't really happened this year.

And everytime Duke was looking like they were going to come back, State would make a big play...so, youi have to give them credit.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I had to pick right now I'd say dook most likely wins the ACC but it's really anyone's conference. As many as 5 teams could potentially lay claim to it (especially if you think UVA is for real -- I'm still not quite convinced).

It would be pretty surprising if any other team but Duke won the conference.

I still think Duke wins the conference, but I think Maryland is the second best team in the league.

Clemson, GT, Wake, FSU and Carolina are all bunched together below them. I guess UVA is included in there (and even as a huge fan, I still think they aren't hanging around the top of the league for long).

What? You must not have watched any of their games...This is an extremely uneducated comment.

Beaner and Yardbirds..you are overrating MD IMO.

I don't think so, I really think they're built for a big run in the tourney. I told Pedro on Facebook last week that Maryland is a Final Four team...Crazy? Maybe, but if they do it you'll remember where you heard it first.

Duke is good, and last night the defense was terrific. I'm looking forward to seeing them against a really athletic team to see how they can keep up. Carolina is not very good, but I'll be curious to see if we can wear Duke down in a few weeks.

I don't think so, I really think they're built for a big run in the tourney. I told Pedro on Facebook last week that Maryland is a Final Four team...Crazy? Maybe, but if they do it you'll remember where you heard it first.

Duke is good, and last night the defense was terrific. I'm looking forward to seeing them against a really athletic team to see how they can keep up. Carolina is not very good, but I'll be curious to see if we can wear Duke down in a few weeks.

Extremely......

What? You must not have watched any of their games...This is an extremely uneducated comment.

Beaner and Yardbirds..you are overrating MD IMO.

A player who can put the team on his shoulders when they go in slumps.

Senior Guards. Other contributing seniors. Improving big men. One of the best in-game coaches in all of college basketball.

I think that's a pretty good combination when you are trying to win games in March.

Vasquez will win ACC POY in my opinion.

A player who can put the team on his shoulders when they go in slumps.

Senior Guards. Other contributing seniors. Improving big men. One of the best in-game coaches in all of college basketball.

I think that's a pretty good combination when you are trying to win games in March.

Vasquez will win ACC POY in my opinion.

They may be ok come tourney time...But they aren't there yet.

Those big men need to be much better for them and they need to show they can do it for more than a few games.

They may be ok come tourney time...But they aren't there yet.

Those big men need to be much better for them and they need to show they can do it for more than a few games.

I agree with both those statements. But I think they are playing better and better each time out. I also think Jordan Williams has the makings of a stud, so I can see him being much better by March.

I agree with both those statements. But I think they are playing better and better each time out. I also think Jordan Williams has the makings of a stud, so I can see him being much better by March.

We have seen MD teams do this before and then fade back...Again, let's see how they play against the better competition.

They have looked very good lately, no doubt about that..but I don't see how they have seperated themselves from FSU, GT and Clemson...and when all is said and done, I could see UNC ahead of them as well.

Archived