ACC Discussion Thread

YardBirds13

Well, now that conference play has amped up, we obviously need somewhere to talk about it.

Was it Duke's stomping of BC tonight or VT blowing out Miami?

I think everyone knows better than that.

How about Mr. Landesberg putting up a 22 pt, 6 board, 5 assist performance as UVA knocked off Georgia Tech tonight!

UVA is now 2-0 and (for the moment) all alone in first place in the ACC.

All hail Tony Bennett!

:D

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, now that conference play has amped up, we obviously need somewhere to talk about it.

Was it Duke's stomping of BC tonight or VT blowing out Miami?

I think everyone knows better than that.

How about Mr. Landesberg putting up a 22 pt, 6 board, 5 assist performance as UVA knocked off Georgia Tech tonight!

UVA is now 2-0 and (for the moment) all alone in first place in the ACC.

All hail Tony Bennett!

:D

Congrats on the good start YB....Didn't catch the game tonight, but I'll be sure to check UVA out soon.

ACC will be wide open this year..Maryland isn't as good as I thought they'd be, and I'm not sold on Duke just yet either. If I had to pick a conference winner right now, I don't think I could do it.

Congrats on the good start YB....Didn't catch the game tonight, but I'll be sure to check UVA out soon.

ACC will be wide open this year..Maryland isn't as good as I thought they'd be, and I'm not sold on Duke just yet either. If I had to pick a conference winner right now, I don't think I could do it.

The game actually wasn't on here so I had to follow online. Too bad. Always love seeing a good win at home to see the crowd get amped up.

I agree. I think Duke is the best team in the conference but I don't think they are as good as I thought they would be. If I had to pick a winner now it would be them, but this is as even as I can ever remember the ACC being.

Is it too early to be excited for Greensboro in early March (after not going last year, I'm back at the tourney in 2010!)

The game actually wasn't on here so I had to follow online. Too bad. Always love seeing a good win at home to see the crowd get amped up.

I agree. I think Duke is the best team in the conference but I don't think they are as good as I thought they would be. If I had to pick a winner now it would be them, but this is as even as I can ever remember the ACC being.

Is it too early to be excited for Greensboro in early March (after not going last year, I'm back at the tourney in 2010!)

Duke by default, I agree. The Terps will improve as Jordan Williams does, and Clemson and GT will show flashes. Still not sure what to make of Carolina. We're not playing any defense tonight, and Drew has periods where he looks clueless out there. I can't expect Roy to change his ways, but this team isn't built to play the style that we're used to.

Duke is better than I thought they would be....I think they are legit final 4 contender and I didn't think that going into the season....that is partly due to the fact that their is a ton of mediocrity in college bball this year.

Duke lacks that guy that can do what he wants, when he wants..but they play great team defense, have probably the smartest player in college bball(Scheyer), have depth, experience and are obviously coached well.

The key to them, IMO, in the tourney will be Mason Plumlee and how quickly he can become as good as everyone thinks he will be.

BTW, I think Duke will win the ACC by at least 2 games.

Duke is better than I thought they would be....I think they are legit final 4 contender and I didn't think that going into the season....that is partly due to the fact that their is a ton of mediocrity in college bball this year.

Duke lacks that guy that can do what he wants, when he wants..but they play great team defense, have probably the smartest player in college bball(Scheyer), have depth, experience and are obviously coached well.

The key to them, IMO, in the tourney will be Mason Plumlee and how quickly he can become as good as everyone thinks he will be.

BTW, I think Duke will win the ACC by at least 2 games.

I would end to agree with you about winning the ACC, just because the rest of the teams are so mediocre. I don't know if they're Final Four material just yet, but we'll see.

Enjoy it this year, we're coming back strong in 2010-11..

I would end to agree with you about winning the ACC, just because the rest of the teams are so mediocre. I don't know if they're Final Four material just yet, but we'll see.

Yeah, the Clemson game has me all but writing off this season. Too slow, too young, too soft, too dumb. There were at least four plays last night where it looked like Drew or Ginyard threw to nobody in particular. It was Bizarro World.

Duke, OTOH, just seems like a complete team right now. They don't need that one guy that can take over a game, because they have four at one time that can hurt you. I'm not too sure about saying that they're Final Four material (When's the last time Duke's gotten to one of those? Do they remember what one looks like?), but they definitely look good. They win the ACC easily. Beyond easily.

Yeah, the Clemson game has me all but writing off this season. Too slow, too young, too soft, too dumb. There were at least four plays last night where it looked like Drew or Ginyard threw to nobody in particular. It was Bizarro World.

Duke, OTOH, just seems like a complete team right now. They don't need that one guy that can take over a game, because they have four at one time that can hurt you. I'm not too sure about saying that they're Final Four material (When's the last time Duke's gotten to one of those? Do they remember what one looks like?), but they definitely look good. They win the ACC easily. Beyond easily.

Drew just has no idea how to handle the pressure. It's tough on the kid to follow Lawson, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt for this year. Expect much better play next year. I wish Bobby Frasor would've had a 12th year of eligibility;). He's playing in Europe by the way, he actually responds to fans on Twitter.

Really? I didn't even know Frasor was on Twitter.

I know that Strickland isn't really a pure PG, but from what I've seen lately from Drew, I think it's time to let Strickland run the show. He's just fallen flat way too many times for my liking, and once we gets into games 6 and 7 and beyond in the ACC season, we need to have our best team on the court. Drew's numbers are a little better (IIRC), but he just doesn't make this team GO, if that makes sense.

And I get that following Lawson is hard...I'm sure it is. But they didn't bring him here because he was just decent. He's supposed to be at LEAST above average. He hasn't shown me that yet, save one or two games.

Drew might not have a next year. He might be in a QT role in '10-'11. :P

Really? I didn't even know Frasor was on Twitter.

I know that Strickland isn't really a pure PG, but from what I've seen lately from Drew, I think it's time to let Strickland run the show. He's just fallen flat way too many times for my liking, and once we gets into games 6 and 7 and beyond in the ACC season, we need to have our best team on the court. Drew's numbers are a little better (IIRC), but he just doesn't make this team GO, if that makes sense.

And I get that following Lawson is hard...I'm sure it is. But they didn't bring him here because he was just decent. He's supposed to be at LEAST above average. He hasn't shown me that yet, save one or two games.

Drew might not have a next year. He might be in a QT role in '10-'11. :P

http://twitter.com/BFrasor

I don't think Roy would sit him just yet, although he looks completely overmatched and if anyone watched last night, they'll know exactly how to rattle him.

I always give QT credit for accepting his role and making the best of it..

Yes you are.....but if Singler stays, UNC won't be as good as Duke IMO...assuming Ed Davis leaves early, which I am sure he will.

Yes you are.....but if Singler stays, UNC won't be as good as Duke IMO...assuming Ed Davis leaves early, which I am sure he will.

Singler should stay, he's a very good college player. Not sure how he translates in the league, but he can shoot, which will help.

Davis will probably go, but staying in school as long as possible would benefit him as he gets stronger. See: Wright, Brandan.

Singler should stay, he's a very good college player. Not sure how he translates in the league, but he can shoot, which will help.
I agree...i don't see Singler being much more than a role player in the NBA..Not athletic or big enough IMO...But he can be a great college player.
Davis will probably go, but staying in school as long as possible would benefit him as he gets stronger. See: Wright, Brandan.
Yea but he is probably a top 10 pick and may end up top 5, so he needs to go.

Archived