How many CURRENT mlb parks have you seen a game in?

Pedro Cerrano

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By the way, undoubtedly the worst stadium of all time is Montreal.

I had fun in Stade Olympique. I think it was Boswell who once wrote that one of the advantages of baseball over football was that a crowd of 20,000 has more fun in a stadium designed for 55,000 than a crowd of 55,000 would. This was in the 80s, before baseball teams regularly sold out games. You can get away with a lot of stuff when you're in a crowd of 7,000 in a place built to hold 60k.

Oh, and if you're talking worst stadiums of all time I think you have to go back a ways. In the 1800s it was not uncommon for the stands at major leauge ballparks to either collapse or catch fire (or maybe both) during games, killing spectators. As nondescript and sterile as the park in Montreal was, it never killed anybody who'd paid to see a game there. And things that passed as major league parks as late as the 1910s or 1920s wouldn't meet the standards of the Carolina or Eastern Leagues today.

A group of friends and I went to Puerto Rico and saw the Expos play when they hosted half their games in San Juan. Does Hiram Bithorn Stadium count as a retired MLB stadium?

We sat in the bleachers and had drank spiked Pina's all game. Good times.

Current stadiums:

OPACY

Philly

Fenway

Wrigley

San Fran

Oakland

Commisky

Metrodome for Kirby Puckett night

I watched a World Series game from the parking garage across the street from the Jake in Cleveland. Who knew it would be so difficult to get a WS ticket in Cleveland. Guess I didn't appreciate it only happens every 50 years or so.

I watched a World Series game from the parking garage across the street from the Jake in Cleveland. Who knew it would be so difficult to get a WS ticket in Cleveland. Guess I didn't appreciate it only happens every 50 years or so.

A few friends and I drove from Blacksburg to Cleveland the morning before this game. Paid about $50 a head from a scalper about five minutes before first pitch. As far as we could tell we were the only people wearing O's stuff in the entire upper deck.

Current:

OPACY

Fenway Park

Safeco Field

Wrigley, but not for a game. :(

I had a chance to an O's game or a gNats game at their new park last year. I chose the O's (natch), still haven't seen the gNats new place.

Defunct:

Memorial

The Mistake by the Lake in Cleveland

Old Comiskey

Three Rivers

Riverfront Stadium before it was known as Cinergy Field

RFK

OPACY

Fenway

Trop Dome

Jacobs Field in Cleveland (I don't bother to learn any of these new corporate sponsorship names, I'll learn one name for a field and that's it. They aren't paying ME to call it whatever it's called now, and there are plenty of things that I can spend my remaining brain cells knowing that are more important than which bank happened to pay which team a bunch of money to name their stadium this year before the bank gets sold to another bank and the name changes next year)

New Comiskey Park

Nationals Park

Citizens Bank Park in Philly

Wrigley Field

Cinergy Field (or whatever the Reds ballpark is called this week)

and I've been to several football games in the stadium the Marlins play in, but never a baseball game

Defunct:

Memorial

old Yankee

old Busch

Three Rivers

Riverfront

Tiger Stadium

Cleveland Municipal

RFK

Veterans Stadium

saw a football game at Atlanta Fulton County Stadium where the Braves used to play

A group of friends and I went to Puerto Rico and saw the Expos play when they hosted half their games in San Juan. Does Hiram Bithorn Stadium count as a retired MLB stadium?

We sat in the bleachers and had drank spiked Pina's all game. Good times.

Actually it counts as a current MLB stadium. The Marlins are going to play a home series there in June.

A few friends and I drove from Blacksburg to Cleveland the morning before this game. Paid about $50 a head from a scalper about five minutes before first pitch. As far as we could tell we were the only people wearing O's stuff in the entire upper deck.

So you were still in Blacksburg the day before, when Mussina pitched the great game vs Hershiser and we lost in 12 innings? I was in Blacksburg too, for whatever football game we had that weekend. Watched the Mussina/Hershiser game at Champs.

Archived