Butler and Duke to Square Off for NCAA Men's Basketball Championship

Don Quixote

Following Butler's victory over Michigan State, Duke punched its ticket to Monday's title game with a 78-57 victory over West Virginia. The second semifinal was fairly closely contested until late in the first half; Duke continued to pull away after halftime, especially following a potentially severe left knee injury to West Virginia's Da'Sean Butler more than midway through the second half.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a slam dunk that Singler and Smith come back for Sr year, with Singler the more likely of the two to go pro.

I agree that Duke is the favorite on Monday, but they played a pretty much flawless game tonight, and it's going to be really hard to repeat that performance again.

Not a slam dunk that Singler and Smith come back for Sr year, with Singler the more likely of the two to go pro.

I agree that Duke is the favorite on Monday, but they played a pretty much flawless game tonight, and it's going to be really hard to repeat that performance again.

They would both be incredibly dumb not to come back. Neither projects to be an NBA super star entering this draft and will only serve to help dook entering next year.

Butler can definitely win this game but dook will be the best team entering next season and I can (disgustingly) envision dook going back to back next year...:mad:

I guess it could be a slip of the tongue but last night, Smith said that he wantesd to make sure it wasn't the last game for Jon, Kyle and Lance.

Now, he didn't say Zoubek, who is a senior...Maybe just a mistake by Smith but maybe he also knows something.

Who knows...Singler shouldn't come out...He is very borderline in terms of being a first round pick.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him test the waters and see where he stands.

Archived