4/15 O's at A's

8istheman

I know Jones probably wouldn't have gotten an out at home, but WHY did he catch that ball with his palm facing down?

I can see it was a sinking line drive, but still, he's a pro who should be able to read that and position his glove accordingly.

This whole team needs to watch Tom Emanski's baseball videos. Not do them, just see what fundamentals look like. Just ask Fred McGriff.

Seeing someone wearing that blue hat from the Tom Emanski video just might be the highlight of the year. How sad is that?

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honest questions:

What are the chances...

Jones simply does not develop and turns into another Delmon Young - an underachiever that never comes close to reaching his potential?

Markakis has passed his prime' date=' and never puts up 20 HR or a .300 avg in a season again?

Gonzalez becomes our J.J. Putz?

Roberts' career ends before his contract is up?[/quote']

- Maybe?

- Past his prime at 26? Maybe AT his prime, but not past it.

- Gonzo's on the DL

- Severely doubt it

why do we watch this crap? This is the worst Oriole team I have ever seen- and I've been a fan since '62. DH looks like a scared AAA or AA pitcher, Jones is awful, Miggy looks like he wants to retire, etc. etc etc.

And they have the nerve to charge for walk-up tix. I know one guy who won't be walking up soon.

Honest questions:

What are the chances...

1) Jones simply does not develop and turns into another Delmon Young - an underachiever that never comes close to reaching his potential?

2) Markakis has passed his prime' date=' and never puts up 20 HR or a .300 avg in a season again?

3) Gonzalez becomes our J.J. Putz?

[b']4) Roberts' career ends before his contract is up?[/b]

Bonus) The orioles fail to plate another RISP this year?

Is there something I missed re: Robert's injury?

why do we watch this crap? This is the worst Oriole team I have ever seen- and I've been a fan since '62. DH looks like a scared AAA or AA pitcher, Jones is awful, Miggy looks like he wants to retire, etc. etc etc.

And they have the nerve to charge for walk-up tix. I know one guy who won't be walking up soon.

Agreed to all. But i'd like to say I was there when they started to turn it around. Thats why i keep watching.

Archived