4/24: In Matusz We Trust

ShaneDawg85

Good observation. I've noticed this, but I've also noticed that he seems to know its a problem. He's talked about his pacing and rushing his delivery in several interviews so I'm hopeful that he can make the adjustment as the season progresses.

Thanks Good to hear he's on top of it. It is a very noticeable difference in his delivery. I wonder if pitching from the stretch screws his timing up further. That pitch to Lowell was rushed for example. But other pitches from the stretch like the 1st to Varitek had good tempo.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that was a momentary glitch on the TV gun. Fan Graphs says he's around 90-91 and Joe and Fred mentioned that they thought the TV gun was slow. He's still lost a couple MPH but nothing that drastic.

Thanks. That was troubling. Luckily it was just the gun on MASN.

Lackey = not impressed for someone that getting $82.5m for 5 years. The Red Sox will regret that contract...

Not as much as other teams might... the big thing with the Sox and Yanks is that they can afford to be a little more reckless with their spending and not regret mistakes as much as most teams.

Not as much as other teams might... the big thing with the Sox and Yanks is that they can afford to be a little more reckless with their spending and not regret mistakes as much as most teams.

I just read something on CNN about strange clauses in baseball contracts. Apparently if Lackey misses significant time (however many games that is) with an injury related to his elbow , then the Sox have an option of a 6th year at the minimum.

I just read something on CNN about strange clauses in baseball contracts. Apparently if Lackey misses significant time (however many games that is), then the Sox have an option of a 6th year at the minimum.

From Cots -

2015 club option at Major League minimum salary if Lackey misses significant time with surgery for pre-existing elbow injury in 2010-14.

So, only if the missed time was from a prior problem.

Archived