Apparently Adam Jones challenges the fans to some batting practice

bOhs01

So, you are saying that because we aren't with a player 100% of the time that means he might have the audacity to glance at his phone.

I mean, someone got shot last night during gametime! MY GOD! Adam Jones probably did that TOO!

My god are you dense.

ADAM JONES HIMSELF made the comment about getting text messages during the game. I CLEARLY stated that he didn't make it clear whether he saw them during or after the game.

My point is, IF he sees them DURING THE GAME, that I have a problem with that.

Stop twisting it to fit your polly anna, bs argument.

That is my only point. I am not making anything up...I am repeated what ADAM JONES STATED!!!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am looking at his twitter page now, I get his tweets. I did not get that tweet and that message is not listed.

So either someone is lying, or Adam chose to delete that comment very very quickly.

And considering that those messages were posted yesterday morning I am calling complete BS.

Whether its BS or not, I think the larger point is that the more mature thing to do would be to delete the Twitter account. Because obviously other than you a lot of people are drawing their own conclusions from it. If it wasn't out there to begin with none of this would be talked about. It just doesn't give a very good impression of yourself to talk about having batting contests with fans when you are hitting .200 and your team is 4-18.

I follow him as well and i did see those tweets yesterday. So it's not BS. He deleted them since then.

He didn't delete the "Batting practice" message - that is still there.

"easy from the stands" supposedly was posted between 11:07 and 11:09.

Even if he did - so what please forgive the guy for having emotions.

whether its bs or not, i think the larger point is that the more mature thing to do would be to delete the twitter account. Because obviously other than you a lot of people are drawing their own conclusions from it. If it wasn't out there to begin with none of this would be talked about. It just doesn't give a very good impression of yourself to talk about having batting contests with fans when you are hitting .200 and your team is 4-18.

exactly!!!!

SJ, you don't know for a minute what Jones does when he goes into the tunnel. Just because he doesn't send out twitter messages (I refuse to call them tweets) doesn't mean he isn't looking at them. Same with texts.

Now I'm not saying HE IS doing those things but you cannot deny that the possibility does NOT exist.

As far as being the whipping boy, I agree that a lot of fingers are being pointed in his direction but it's hard to say none of it is warranted. He is swinging horribly right now...and has been since June of last year.

That cannot be denied. As bad as the scapegoating is, the excuse making for him is just as bad. He's been a bad to horrible hitter for almost a year now. Buck up.

Whether its BS or not, I think the larger point is that the more mature thing to do would be to delete the Twitter account. Because obviously other than you a lot of people are drawing their own conclusions from it. If it wasn't out there to begin with none of this would be talked about. It just doesn't give a very good impression of yourself to talk about having batting contests with fans when you are hitting .200 and your team is 4-18.

He is young and has a twitter account. You know how many 20-somethings text and twitter. That's what people do .

oh for the love of god, its a joke! Jesus, I guess we are going to ignore all his other twitter posts where he talks about "concentrating more" and "working harder".

Joke or not, when you say things like "Its amazing how easy people think it is from the stands" that is just excusing his poor play from the past 4-5 months. No knowledgeable baseball fan will ever say hitting a baseball is easy. However, when your team is 4-18 and you are hitting .200 and you were the All Star Gold Glover from a year ago, people WILL expect more of you. So stop making excuses and start playing up to your potential!

SJ, you don't know for a minute what Jones does when he goes into the tunnel. Just because he doesn't send out twitter messages (I refuse to call them tweets) doesn't mean he isn't looking at them. Same with texts.

Now I'm not saying HE IS doing those things but you cannot deny that the possibility does NOT exist.

As far as being the whipping boy, I agree that a lot of fingers are being pointed in his direction but it's hard to say none of it is warranted. He is swinging horribly right now...and has been since June of last year.

That cannot be denied. As bad as the scapegoating is, the excuse making for him is just as bad. He's been a bad to horrible hitter for almost a year now. Buck up.

This.

If you can't see a pattern here from the following events:

1. The Orioles tell him to play deep. His response - maybe I will and maybe I won't.

2. Worrying about Twitter, facebook etc. and challenging fans to batting practice.

3. Slamming his helmet and bat because its their fault he struck out for the eleventy billionth time this season.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable to suggest that perhaps he needs to show a little more maturity and put his priorities in the right place. I don't want to villify the man or run him out of town or trade him away. That doesn't mean I can't suggest that perhaps he needs to grow up a little bit.

He is young and has a twitter account. You know how many 20-somethings text and twitter. That's what people do .

But most 20-somethings aren't in the public eye. That's how people respond when you're on a big stage the way he is.

He is swinging horribly, yes. But this crap has nothing to do with him swinging horribly. All this is conjecture, hearsay and finger-pointing in an attempt to falsely characterize someone.

He has been bad. But people are trying to find anything they can to characterize him as an ego-maniac and a headcase. Pretty soon they will be calling him a clubhouse cancer.

The level of scapegoating is horrendous.

This.

If you can't see a pattern here from the following events:

1. The Orioles tell him to play deep. His response - maybe I will and maybe I won't.

2. Worrying about Twitter, facebook etc. and challenging fans to batting practice.

3. Slamming his helmet and bat because its their fault he struck out for the eleventy billionth time this season.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable to suggest that perhaps he needs to show a little more maturity and put his priorities in the right place. I don't want to villify the man or run him out of town or trade him away. That doesn't mean I can't suggest that perhaps he needs to grow up a little bit.

Who said he is WORRYING about it? Seriously. SERIOUSLY.

As to three, didn't BJ Surhoff do that like every single time he struck out and didn't that make him "firey".

But most 20-somethings aren't in the public eye. That's how people respond when you're on a big stage the way he is.

Bingo. I just turned 30. I'm not a grumpy 50 year old man saying these things. Wherever else people work in the real world, if you I or anyone else had been stinking up the joint at our job for 6 months plus, I don't think we would be tweeting that we wanted to invite people into our work place to have a contest doing that job. It just sends off a bad impression. It would be like you leaving work early when you have a project due that day. Now, you could have a valid excuse like you need to pick up your sick kid, etc., but to someone sitting across from you, it might come off like you are a slacker.

He is swinging horribly, yes. But this crap has nothing to do with him swinging horribly. All this is conjecture, hearsay and finger-pointing in an attempt to falsely characterize someone.

He has been bad. But people are trying to find anything they can to characterize him as an ego-maniac and a headcase. Pretty soon they will be calling him a clubhouse cancer.

The level of scapegoating is horrendous.

The only thing I take issue with is when he says something to the effect of, "Fans think it's easy."

Everyone you play sure makes it look easy, buddy. I guess you're just as good as they are.

Archived